Is Desperate Housewives the Mirror of Worldwide Married Women?

Gate Keeper

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Like all of you would probably know, ABC has been airing Desperate Housewives since 2004 and we are just a few weeks from the fifth season, thing that speaks by itself about the success of these comedy drama series.

However I just learned that ABC broadcast this TV show in different picture formats including 480i (SDTV), 576i (SDTV), 720p (HDTV) ABC HD, and 1080i (HDTV) Channel 4 HD with an audio format of 5.1-channel surround sound.

This information is by itself interesting, but what surprised me more is the fact that many housewives around the world feel identified with the characters and situations that these women bring to our screen every Sunday... even the Chinese feel like being desperate housewives so I'm wondering why this show is so universal from this perspective :rolleyes:

green

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I really don't identify with any of the characters. I think what makes Desperate housewives really interesting is the mystery behind every season's plots.

It is so interesting how the mystery slowly unfolds with every episode.

I am yet to watch season 4 although I have read through the discriptions of all the scenes on wikipedia. I read that Carlos goes blind at the end of season four. I am planning to buy the season's DVD but haven't found it around my area yet

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
I am yet to watch season 4 although I have read through the discriptions of all the scenes on wikipedia. I read that Carlos goes blind at the end of season four. I am planning to buy the season's DVD but haven't found it around my area yet
I somehow get sucked into watching this show every Sunday night because of my fiance, and I think we managed to watch every episode for Season four.

If you're a fan, you're definitely going to want to catch up before season five starts. Lots of drama, action, and mischief...as usual, and there are some definite plot (ahem...and character changes) that happened in season four.

:cool:

teresa

DTVUSA Member
I think all married women relate to one or the other of the desperate housewives secretly. I really don't think any of us would actually admit it. I personally like Gabrielle (Eva Longonia Parker's character). It's a reminder of be careful what you wish for type of thing. I like her recipe for Gabrielle's Penne with Spiced Vodka Sauce too.

jigyasa

DTVUSA Member
The plot of Desperate Housewives is nice. But the characters are given too much drama. Its a little too much for women to "associate with". To some extent, I think, every married woman can relate to one of the characters though.