Is It Time For Grey's Anatomy To Just Stop? Seriously.

This is coming from arguably one of Grey's Anatomy's biggest fans. I binge watch the show over and over and have probably seen each episode a minimum of 10 times. I know the lines, I own special release albums, and Sara Ramirez version of 'The Story" is the rigntone on my phone.

Yes. I hate myself a little bit too.

Anyway, the ABC hit show created by Shonda Rhimes is on it's 11th Season. 11th.
SPOILER ALERT: This show has seen bombs, shootings, miscarriages, plane crashes, infidelity, death of beloved characters. All of this drama has us tugging at Shonda Rhimes shirt sobbing and saying "Can we take it anymore?"

I recently started a rewatch (oh, what a surprise) and then jumped right ahead to the most recent episode because it happened to be a Thursday night, and my how have these characters CHANGED.

Naturally, one is going to age in 11 years. The wrinkles, they grey hair, the obvious limp that a little bit of osteoporosis has claimed.

While Grey's Anatomy has a way of tugging at your heart strings because you've seen it all before, but it makes me wonder, HAVE we seen it all before? Less a bomb going off in the center of the hospital. would we really be surprised by another divorce, miscarriage, or sassy love session in an on-call room?

When our beloved Sandra Oh (Cristina Yang) left, we were very heartbroken. Then McDreamy (Patrick Dempsey) and Meredith (Ellen Pompeo) signed 2 year contracts so we had that
. But in interviews leading up to this new deal, P-Demps admitted that Grey's just wasn't his passion anymore. Racecar driving was.

If that's not foreshadowing, I don't know what is.

Again, biggest fan here, but I feel like the story lines are just fluff now. Nothing that could happen would overwhelm me because we've seen it all done. Perhaps it's time that Grey's Anatomy gracefully exited the prime time screen.

Right now we're facing the curious "will they / won't they" divorce of the key love interests.

I mean regardless, it'll live on my Netflix forever so I can learn how to do an appendectomy with my eyes closed.