Is Lipstick Jungle really like Sex and the City?

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
I liked Sex and the City (and even liked the movie too), but when I hear people compare Lipstick Jungle to it...I cringe.

Lipstick Jungle's characters seem to have so much more depth, and less predictable than the girls from Sex and the City...

Anybody else agree? :p

Fardreamer

DTVUSA Member
I liked Sex and the City (and even liked the movie too), but when I hear people compare Lipstick Jungle to it...I cringe.

Lipstick Jungle's characters seem to have so much more depth, and less predictable than the girls from Sex and the City...

Anybody else agree? :p

I've never watched Lipstick Jungle, Jay, but I think it's fair to say that when people start comparing shows that are similar on the surface but different in style and even execution, the comparisons are just a matter of convenience at best, intellectual laziness at worst.

Let me give you an example from a show I did watch:

When the original Battlestar Galactica premiered in 1978, it was always being compared to the then-hot Star Wars theatrical movie. Why? John Dykstra had done the special effects for both, so the techniques being used were similar. They also had a war-in-space-epic feel in common. But aside from that, BG and SW were and still are very different.

The NEW BG is even more different from SW or the old version of BG.

Both are great shows. Sex and the City was like my therapy after a big break up I had about 5 years ago. Lipstick Jungle has filled the void.....hehe

but I agree that both shows can be compared to each other. I mean, one could definitely say they're in the same genre and somewhat same plots. The girls on LJ are a little more naughty!