is there a limit on device count to the ethernet ports on technicolor tc8715? - Time Warner Internet

This question is about "is there a limit on device count to the ethernet ports on technicolor tc8715?", with Time Warner Cable internet and apps. I wanted to have my slower ethernet devices[100] connect to 2 ports on the back of the modem and all my fast ethernet devices [1000] connect first through a cisco switch then to a single port in back of modem. However, the modem seems to only be capable of handing out a single ip address per port. So, when one slow device is operating, it gets an address and seems to work ok. If the second slow device comes up, they both struggle for a while then the 2nd becomes ok after 5-7 minutes and the first device is offline. The same is true for the fast devices. They aren't given an IP address so they can't see each other. And, it seems like only 1 is ever operational. The only thing that works well is the wifi as it has a single connection to the modem and it hands out ip addresses for anything that connects. So, is there a limitation of one device per port? I know there "shouldn't be." I am looking for a fact that confirms one way or the other.

is there a limit on device count to the ethernet ports on technicolor tc8715??