Is this a chickflick show or what?

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
This show just bores be so badly. It's like one big butt kissing session after the "stars" have finished dancing. Get Simon Cowell on there or somebody to judge the dances!

Anybody with me on this one?

teresa

DTVUSA Member
You're obviously not a dance enthusiast. I think people watch this show not only to view some their favorite celebrities show off their dancing skills or make absolute fools of themselves (whichever comes first), but also to fantasize about being on show dancing with these celebrities. It's entertainment and a great stress reducer.

aclowers

DTVUSA Member
Chickflik?

I'm not sure what you mean by the show being a chickflik. I love almost every form of dancing. But, I feel this show is not family friendly. My daughter takes ballet, jazz, tap & hiphop classes every week. I also choreograph dances, so I tried watching this show a couple of times for ideas. I was horrified at what these dancers are wearing and some of their provocative moves. Dance can be a beautiful, expressive art without it looking like a bedroom scene. :eek:

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
I think Teresa has it right about the dance thing. If you are a dance enthusiast, then you will like the show male or female. But I also think you are right too. I am willing to bet this show has more female watchers than guy watchers. I think it's ok, but yeah, a meaner judge thrown in there may make it bit more entertaining.

dbcooper

DTVUSA Member
I watch it because the lady of the house wants to watch it. However, I must admit there are some fine looking females on that show.

That pro dancing chick named Edyta rules.

teresa

DTVUSA Member
I think Teresa has it right about the dance thing. If you are a dance enthusiast, then you will like the show male or female. But I also think you are right too. I am willing to bet this show has more female watchers than guy watchers. I think it's ok, but yeah, a meaner judge thrown in there may make it bit more entertaining.
I think you're probably right. There are more women watching the show than men. But if you want to play your cards right and your wife or girlfriend wants to watch, you'll probably watch it too. Who know, you might end up enjoying it.

djs

DTVUSA Member
I think most people watch it just to see if these stars can dance or make fools of themselves. I think most men watch it for some of the outfits the ladies wear, so I don't see this as a chickflick show.

Although I don't watch this show regularly, I'm often amazed at the athleticism that is required in dancing. It's now wonder dancers are in such great shape.

If you have a significant other and you mix in emmit smith, jerry rice, and warren sapp, you get men watching the show
I think it would be more exciting if we including some tackling in the show. LOL. I did watch some of the show last night because my wife was watching it and I stand behind my statement that dancers are athletes and the professionals should be paid big bucks to work with the amateurs.

jigyasa

DTVUSA Member
It is not that bad a show. It sure is better than a lot of other reality shows out there. It is fun to watch the celebrities trying to dance with professionals :)

It is fun to see people out of their comfort zone and willing to trying something else, especially on national tv. The one person who I think should not have been on the show was Kristi Yamaguchi because I think what she does is just too similar to dancing.

Froix

DTVUSA Member
A meaner judge might not be a good idea. It could turn ugly with some of these celebrity contestants who are good at taking criticisms and yes it is more of a chickflick. :)

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
A meaner judge might not be a good idea. It could turn ugly with some of these celebrity contestants who are good at taking criticisms and yes it is more of a chickflick. :)
Hmm, that's a very good point. Yet at the same time though, that will make for some good reality television. Seems that people love the drama involved with reality t.v., so just imagine how their ratings would skyrocket when people see their favorites celebrities arguing and fighting with the judges.

datadee

DTVUSA Member
I'm amazed at the improvement of those who last past the half way point. I know I couldn't do what they do! But, I wish the women would cover up a bit, and the dances were less provocative.

MommyKim

DTVUSA Jr. Member
You know I understand this show got some high ratings but I just cannot get into it. I love music and dance but I am bored to tears watching this sort of thing. I just do not understand the entertainment value of it.

I think that is media hype.
I was watching a pageant where the girls were quizzed on current events.
I'm sorry, but there must be 20,000 things more important than who got bumped off dancing with the stars.

Byte24

DTVUSA Member
I think that is media hype.
I was watching a pageant where the girls were quizzed on current events.
I'm sorry, but there must be 20,000 things more important than who got bumped off dancing with the stars.
Exactly, but then again, if we don't escape reality (like current events) every once in a while, life would really suck.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rokucomlinksupport Roku 0
rokucomlinksupport Roku 0
rokucomlinksupport General TV Chat 0