Is this factual?

I wonder if the diseases that they cure are real diseases or if they are made up? Like some of them I have heard about but I wonder if the show is Medically Accurate...does anyone know?

chris2k5

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Yes all of the diseases are real but there are some irregularities within the show. Someone can't recover some a disease over night like on the show and surgery can't be done that fast.

It is a good show though even though they try to sneak in lupis as a possible disease EVERYtime.

khhlarissa

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I wonder if the diseases that they cure are real diseases or if they are made up? Like some of them I have heard about but I wonder if the show is Medically Accurate...does anyone know?
Yeah. They're medically accurate really. That's why its so realistic and that Med students love watching it since those situations are likely to occur. Makes the show more exciting. :)

savvyeyty

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Yup! The show's medically accurate. That's why it has also been a favorite of medical students and doctors since they always choose to make episodes of real life cases.

savvyeyty

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Yes all of the diseases are real but there are some irregularities within the show. Someone can't recover some a disease over night like on the show and surgery can't be done that fast.

It is a good show though even though they try to sneak in lupis as a possible disease EVERYtime.
Yeah well. And yet they keep me like this whenever I watch it. :popcorn:

savvyeyty

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Cool :) I was just curious...My pre-med fan is a HUGE fan of the show she said that this show is what made her want to become a doctor. LOL.
Whoa! Your friend must have loved that show a lot. I hope she does not get discouraged when your he/she finds out that not all doctors get to diagnose like House.

A lot of people are surprised when they hear that the diseases on the show are real, but some of them are rather uncommon in real life. Just because you don't see something yourself in real life doesn't mean it isn't real.