Is this what TVGOS looks like on a converter box?

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
I've been playing with the idea of swapping out one of my converters for a Dish Network DTV Pal. Is this what the on screen guide looks like?

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
OK, I found this picture on photo bucket. Thanks to ilovehdtv. This is the TVGOS from a Dish Network DTVPal DVR. It is the same guide as the DTV Pal.

Last edited:

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Tell you what, it looks nice compared to the single program, single channel view I'm looking at right now!

One thing that caught my eye on 1inxs's post is the profile feature. Is that available on the DTVPal like my picture? I still have a roommate until the end of this year and would love to setup a profile that includes Spanish stations, and one without the Spanish stations. It's just a pain to flip up and down the channels yet I don't want to delete them manually when my roommate wants to flip through them and I'm not home.

The Dish DTVPal is THE best converter as far as program guides go. probably for everything else. the only drawback is not being able to turn the TV on or off. i think a spare Dish satellite remote will fix that as the satellite remotes are universal and control a TV, VCR, etc and they're said to work with the DTVPal without needing programming.

I don't know if the converter can 'upgrade' the software like Dish's satellite boxes but it does have the same browse banner/EPG as a Dish DVR receiver. i hope they come out with a dual-tuner model too, with the TV 1 or 2 remotes. handy if you have two TVs in your home.

Last edited:

NYCLA*

DTVUSA Member
I've been playing with the idea of swapping out one of my converters for a Dish Network DTV Pal. Is this what the on screen guide looks like?

That would be really nice.

The Dish DTVPal is THE best converter as far as program guides go. probably for everything else. the only drawback is not being able to turn the TV on or off.
It thought it could? I looked through the DTV Pal DVR user guide and on page 17 of the manual there is a color picture of the remote, and there is the "TV" button where it says "TV Mode Press to control your TV" and then there is the main Power button that has a little red "TV" button underneath it and the guide says "Receiver Power & TV Power Top button turns the receiver on/off, bottom button turns the TV on/off"

It thought it could? I looked through the DTV Pal DVR user guide and on page 17 of the manual there is a color picture of the remote, and there is the "TV" button where it says "TV Mode Press to control your TV" and then there is the main Power button that has a little red "TV" button underneath it and the guide says "Receiver Power & TV Power Top button turns the receiver on/off, bottom button turns the TV on/off"
Confirmed.....

NYCLA*

DTVUSA Member
That's not the DTV Pal DVR remote. That's a DTV Pal Plus remote.

Update: Ah I see now looking again that you were not talking about the DTV Pal DVR. Yeah, I knew that the DTV Pal Plus remote didn't control the TV, I am a DTV Pal Plus owner myself.

Last edited:
That's not the DTV Pal DVR remote. That's a DTV Pal Plus remote.

Update: Ah I see now looking again that you were not talking about the DTV Pal DVR. Yeah, I knew that the DTV Pal Plus remote didn't control the TV, I am a DTV Pal Plus owner myself.
It didnt' even occur to me that the conversation had gone to the DVR. I saw the title of the thread and though DTVPal Plus. ;)