Is TV Show "GCB" Title Offensive?

CptlA

DTVUSA Member
Newt Gingrich just released the following statement about ABC's comedy-drama

"Look at the new show that's on that has the word 'Christian' in it, and I want you to take the exact name, drop out Christian and put in 'Muslim.' And ask yourself is there any network that would have dared to run a show like that and you know the answer is not a one," said Gingrich.
If you don't know already, GCB stands for "Good Christian B--ches" but then was later changed to "Good Christian Belles" after tons of complaints.

I think Newt is just pushing for the Christian vote, and honestly, much worse has been written about Christianity than this show's title.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
The show does push the religious button. I watched the pilot but found it childish and decided not to continue watching it. I can understand those who are upset about it because of how the church is used. It is a huge part of the plot, or was in the pilot. I do not think it is appropriate.

dkreichen1968

Staff member
The fact of the matter is that many professing Christians don't act very "Christian" and I think that was the point of the original title. What I could find offensive would be the real possiblity that they would try to paint all Christians with the same brush, or make fun of Christian's legitimate, religiously derived, moral stances. My advice to people who would judge Christian hypocrisy is you better be sure your not a hypocrite either.