It's snowing cats and dogs in Charleston SC!

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
HA ha! It must be do to "global warming" eh? This is the first time in many, many years ALL 50 STATES have snow.

Here is a 'generic' Google link because there are too many reports to post here:
snow in 50 states - Google Search

AND ... just where the H... is Mr. AlGore vacationing? He seems to be M.I.A. or A.W.O.L.

The D.C. Government has shut down for FOUR days (so far) ... woohoo! Do they still get their paychecks for NOT going to work?
Jim

Don_M

DTVUSA Member
The D.C. Government has shut down for FOUR days (so far) ... woohoo! Do they still get their paychecks for NOT going to work? Jim
It was quite difficult not to notice during those four days that the list of "non-essential" personnel included everybody in the Capitol... Congress critters, staffers, all of them. Has to be a deficit-cutting idea in there somewhere, no?

:clownn:

EscapeVelocity

Moderator, , Webmaster of EV's Antenna Blog
They are probably working on their next big plan of action, Cap & Trade and the Carbon Sin Tax, to bankrupt the coal industry, drive up fuel costs, and make electricity bills skyrocket.

The 2010 elections are going to be a slaughterhouse.

O-O

DTVUSA Member
Snow expected in the Florida Panhandle??

And winter is barely halfway over. (Punxsutawney Phil, after all, said we have at least six more weeks of winter to go.)
OK, seriously man, why do we even care about Punxutawney Phil.....who has EVER actually looked at the newspaper or internet to see what that little rodent thinks? (kind of kidding but seriously).

Fringe Reception

Staff member
A few days ago I watched a news report about one of our Congressman orating about 'global warming'. He must have been in DC last winter when Western Washington was slammed with snow - I had at least 14" here. Our 'green' Mayor decided not to salt the streets because "all that salt" would be very bad when it ran off and it would change the PH of Elliot Bay, which is salt water. It seems to me, "all that snow" without salt would do more 'damage', as if that straw dog could hunt.

He also decided to not plough the streets and that paralyzed the City and the Christmas shopping season. However, the plough trucks drove their routes for days with their ploughs elevated, so they wouldn't knock any drunk-bumps off the roads. Their tire chains turned the arterials into washboards and there was no bus service for 4 days. This was far from the 'worst' snow storm I have experienced here and never before have the busses not been in service. Funny thing, one driver allegedly "on his own" decided to plough the street from the Mayor's home all the way downtown to City Hall. We voted the dirtbag out last November and voted in a new one.

The earliest I have seen snow falling in Seattle was Halloween and the latest was April 1 and that's a span of 5 months and a day. It didn't accumulate in either case, but it goes to show the weather is going to do whatever its going to do. Enough said: I'll get off my cat box now and continue driving my SUV.
Jim

Yes616

The Mod Squad
In my neck of the woods they plow the roads around here. Not plough. LOL

I haven't seen my lawn since November so I don't know what all this fuss is about. :D

Snow expected in the Florida Panhandle??

OK, seriously man, why do we even care about Punxutawney Phil.....who has EVER actually looked at the newspaper or internet to see what that little rodent thinks? (kind of kidding but seriously).
ermm ah me??!:cool: phil is da man

What I find funny is that 2" is even mentioned. We get snow by the foot regularly here, inches is considered a dusting- never shut us down for days, except back in the blizzard of 77- Inchs we don't even shovel

I can appreciate that it is tough i regions where people are not used to it. But come on, you should be able to function in 2" easily without salt or snow removal.

Fringe Reception

Staff member
In my neck of the woods they plow the roads around here. Not plough. LOL

I haven't seen my lawn since November so I don't know what all this fuss is about. :D
----------------------------------------
Yes616,
I wondered about that at the time I wrote it, but both versions were in my spell checker. Also, according to my hardbound New Century Dictionary its origin is late Anglo-Saxon and both spellings, plow and plough, are now interchangable as are all of its variations including: plowable-ploughable, plower-plougher, plowland-ploughland, plowshare-ploughshare, plowright-ploughright. I wonder how many other words have two different acceptable spellings?
Jim

Tonights news said there is another storm heading for you guys, man that stinks. Many of those states just are not able to deal with constant snow like that. I am just glad it is missing us