iView Digital-To-Analog Converter Box - Is this a new for 2010 Converter Box?

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Think I finally found a new for 2010 converter box by iView. Amazon has it for sale for $38.90.

Technical Details
Converts Digital TV Signal to Analog Format for Older TV's
EPG - Electronic Program Guide (On-screen)
Multi-lingual
Receives and Displays all ATSC Formats
Closed Caption - (CC) and Parental Controls

Anyone buy one of these yet? How is the EPG?

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Here's all I can find about it. It has RCA and coax in/out. Looking at the remote, I like that you don't have to drill down into the menu to access the SAP, CC, or aspect ratio. Looks like it doesn't control your TV on/off or TV volume, though.
The iView-1000STB is a small and easy to use digital converter box that takes the digital signal sent out by stations and networks and converts it to analog so you can watch TV programming on your analog TV. The iVIEW 1000STB is powerful, and easy-to-use, you don't need to be a techy to use this converter box. Among many other great features is the ability to save 3 favorite channels right to the remote control. Now you can press a single button and quickly switch between your 3 favorite channels without having to remember and type in channel numbers. The 1000STB comes with easy step by step installation instructions that any one can follow.
Product Features • EPG - Electronic Program Guide (On-screen)
• Multi-lingual
• Receives and Displays all ATSC Formats
• Parental Control
• Closed Caption - (CC)
• Composite Video Connection - Yellow RCA Connector
• Stereo Audio Connectors - Red & White RCA Connectors
• 75 Ohm RF Audio/Video Jack - Coaxial Cable
• Auto Scan - Automatically finds all digital channels
• Signal Quality Indicator
• Time Zone Setup with DST

In the Box • iVIEW 1000STB Digital Converter Box
• Remote Control
• 3 Foot Coaxial Cable
• 3 Foot RCA Cable
• Owners Manual

I wish I could find that Owners Manual online somewhere!

1000STB_remote_lrg.jpg

Last edited:

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Here's all I can find about it. It has RCA and coax in/out. Looking at the remote, I like that you don't have to drill down into the menu to access the SAP, CC, or aspect ratio. Looks like it doesn't control your TV on/off or TV volume, though.
I wonder what type of DTV tuner chip they're using if it's their own or someone like Samsung's or Toshiba?