Just got the 210 that replaced an Arris 3200, ugh... Can I buy a used Arris? - Time Warner TV

This question is about "Just got the 210 that replaced an Arris 3200, ugh... Can I buy a used Arris?", with Time Warner Cable TV and apps. To say that I am disappointed is an understatement. I wish I had come to the forum BEFORE replacing boxes, but I've never been disappointed like this in the past.

Main Problems:

1. The 210 can not see DVR from my current Arris 3600. I was told about this ahead of time, still doesn't make it right. We've got 3 boxes in our house and in the past I've had 3 different box manufacturers running at the same time and both non Arris boxes could see the DVR on the Arris 3600. Why can't the 210 talk to the Arris?!?
  2. Caller ID does not work on my new 210.
  3. DVR on the 210 does not let you specify how many episodes to keep. Seriously, this may be the DUMBEST change and sets the box back by like 3 generations alone!
  4. I agree with others - the new guide is not user friendly (to be kind).
  5. Its only been 2 weeks, but i am really starting to dislike the new remote.

My question: I've noticed many Arris 3600's for sale on places like Ebay. Since Spectrum will not give me another Arris, can I buy a used one and have it activated? Do I need to find a used TWC Arris or will any Arris get the job Done?

Basically, I'm paying $13 bucks/month for the crappy Spectrum 210 dvr box that only allows me to rewind a couple shows at a time... I can't believe all the other functionality I lost with a new box. If I can't buy a new Arris, you can be darn sure I'll be getting a new Roku stick and use the spectrum app.

Nice work Spectrum, I thought new boxes supposed to be improvements?!?

This topic covered Just got the 210 that replaced an Arris 3200, ugh... Can I buy a used Arris?, and TWC cable tv service.