Just purchased this converter box and I need help!

Lex4Lexi

DTVUSA Rookie
Hi,
I have searched high and low for the answer to this question on the Winegard RC-DT09 Converter Box, and can't seem to find the answer.

How do I connect this box to my handheld TV? I've got the adapter that makes this converter a battery powered device, but I can't find a connection on my battery powered TV. :( The TV is an old Mitsubishi with an antenna, and headphone connection.

We get bad snow storms here, and I want to make sure we have a TV in case we ever get snowed in.

Sparks

DTVUSA Member
Hand Held TV

Hi,

I am not familiar with your TV. It will most likely have screws on it that would tighten down onto the wires or wire connectors. You said that your TV has an antenna connection. I need to know what the connection looks like. Since that is a unique or specialty set it may have a very unusual antenna connection.

Most likely you have a hookup that is 4 screws to hook too. 2 for the VHF channels and 2 for the UHF channels. Or you could have two screw connectors the connects to both UHF & VHF together within the set.

If you are interested in reception off of the converter box only then you will not need the UHF side of it. A device called a Matching Transformer is needed to adapt from the coax wire to the 2 VHF screws or Twin Lead screws on the TV.

I have attached a picture of a Matching Transformer that adapts from 75 Ohm to the Twin Lead connections. I think that they use to refer to that as flat lead or 300 OHM lead in wire.

You can see on the attached picture how it would hook up. Matching Transformers are also available that would have 4 wires to connect to the screw connectors (Twin Lead Connectors) on the TV set. 2 for VHF and 2 for UHF.

To tell the whole story, matching transformers are also available with six twin lead connector wires. The two additional ones would be for FM radio. A Matching Transformer is also available that is suitable for outdoor use. This would be to adapt from the antenna twin lead connection to the round 75 OHM coax wire.

The next thing that occurs to me. What is the connection or type of wire to connect to the 'antenna in' connection on the converter box? You did not say the type of antenna that you are using.

I have probably given you an answer to everything that you do not need to know. Your antenna connector could even be a single wire on the TV.

I really need to know what kind of a connection is on your TV set.

I will check this forum more frequently for the next day or two so that we can get you through this if you have not already figured it out.

Attachments

Last edited:

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Hi,

I am not familiar with your TV. It will most likely have screws on it that would tighten down onto the wires or wire connectors. You said that your TV has an antenna connection. I need to know what the connection looks like. Since that is a unique or specialty set it may have a very unusual antenna connection.

Most likely you have a hookup that is 4 screws to hook too. 2 for the VHF channels and 2 for the UHF channels. Or you could have two screw connectors the connects to both UHF & VHF together within the set.

If you are interested in reception off of the converter box only then you will not need the UHF side of it. A device called a Matching Transformer is needed to adapt from the coax wire to the 2 VHF screws or Twin Lead screws on the TV.

I have attached a picture of a Matching Transformer that adapts from 75 Ohm to the Twin Lead connections. I think that they use to refer to that as flat lead or 300 OHM lead in wire.

You can see on the attached picture how it would hook up. Matching Transformers are also available that would have 4 wires to connect to the screw connectors (Twin Lead Connectors) on the TV set. 2 for VHF and 2 for UHF.

To tell the whole story, matching transformers are also available with six twin lead connector wires. The two additional ones would be for FM radio. A Matching Transformer is also available that is suitable for outdoor use. This would be to adapt from the antenna twin lead connection to the round 75 OHM coax wire.

The next thing that occurs to me. What is the connection or type of wire to connect to the 'antenna in' connection on the converter box? You did not say the type of antenna that you are using.

I have probably given you an answer to everything that you do not need to know. Your antenna connector could even be a single wire on the TV.

I really need to know what kind of a connection is on your TV set.

I will check this forum more frequently for the next day or two so that we can get you through this if you have not already figured it out.

Hmm, she may have the screw type connectors for input on the antenna, or the antenna could actually be connected inside the TV, which means the TV only has a jack for headphones as an input.

Either way, more information is needed Lexi, when you get a chance.