Kcop 13 in l.a. No reception

I'm in Culver City, 90232. Standard roof antennae, got 13 fine analog, but no digital signal with Apex 502 converter. All other channels fine. It's now June with conversion just a week away. Will they strengthen signal? And do they now have a digital signal (June 2)?:bolt:

You have UHF and VHF so you will need to point the UHF antenna toward 53 degrees and your VHf toward 53 degrees if you have a combo that would be a problem unless you have a rotator. all are at 25miles and line of sight. so if you are not getting anything digital I would check as follows, all cables are good and signal is coming in from antenna. you need coax not the flat wire. if this is good the converter box is bad or you do not have the tv and the converter box set to channel 3 or 4 which ever it is for your area. if all thing check out try another converter box I ran into this the other day, box just up and quit, place new box in line and work fine. Apex boxes are notorious for going bad. recommend Insignia or DTVPAL-PLUS, insignia from best buy DTVPAL PLus from solidsignal.com

Trip

Moderator, , , Webmaster of: Rabbit Ears
Staff member
I'm in Culver City, 90232. Standard roof antennae, got 13 fine analog, but no digital signal with Apex 502 converter. All other channels fine. It's now June with conversion just a week away. Will they strengthen signal? And do they now have a digital signal (June 2)?:bolt:
Their signal has known issues. It's on channel 66 and is quite weak, from what I'm told.

On June 12, the signal moves back to channel 13. If you get 13 analog, you should get 13 digital come June 13.

- Trip

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
cowoyup4christ,
Was this an error? It didn't completely make sense to me and maybe confusing to others.
you will need to point the UHF antenna toward 53 degrees and your VHf toward 53 degrees if you have a combo that would be a problem unless you have a rotator
You have UHF and VHF so you will need to point the UHF antenna toward 53 degrees and your VHf toward 53 degrees if you have a combo that would be a problem unless you have a rotator. all are at 25miles and line of sight. so if you are not getting anything digital I would check as follows, all cables are good and signal is coming in from antenna. you need coax not the flat wire. if this is good the converter box is bad or you do not have the tv and the converter box set to channel 3 or 4 which ever it is for your area. if all thing check out try another converter box I ran into this the other day, box just up and quit, place new box in line and work fine. Apex boxes are notorious for going bad. recommend Insignia or DTVPAL-PLUS, insignia from best buy DTVPAL PLus from solidsignal.com

I have 15 feet of flat wire from antenna going to a splitter, and coax from there. So I guess flat wire is ok for strong channels.

divxhacker

DTVUSA Member
I'm getting KCOP fine from zip code 90720

Color TV antenna, through an A-Neutronics amp, 3-way splitter.

There is an issue with line noise in the house, but it's not my TV. It's the master bedroom TV that's close to the neighbor's power junction (where it goes in their house.)

Last edited:
I have 15 feet of flat wire from antenna going to a splitter, and coax from there. So I guess flat wire is ok for strong channels.
no you need coax all the way the unshielded flat wire will kill a digital signal replace it and if you can run one piece for the entire run do so it will stop signal loss each spliter will lose you 3db of signal.

Piggie

Super Moderator
No wonder that TV at the edge of the house has a bad signal - there's 2 splitters along that TV's antenna path. Thanks! We'll try to get that "spliced" thing swapped out for a solid cable.
If you are running an amp ahead of the splitters it probably won't make much difference. One thing really bad are unused outputs on splitters. If you are using a splitter for a barrel, then buy a barrel instead if running an amp. If no amp then yes consider just one long run of coax.