KCRA Ch 3 & 58 no longer working?! - DirecTV

What happened to KCRA Channel 3 & 58?? This evening they are suddenly no longer working (and they were earlier today) with the following screen message:

"The owner of this channel has removed it from the DIRECTV line-up despite our repeated requsts to keep it avaiable to you.
Please visit DirectgPromise.com for the latest and most accurate information on this station's return"

However, the www.directvpromise.com site is not working.

This question, "KCRA Ch 3 & 58 no longer working?!," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.

G

gdv

I'm getting the same thing. (Grrr!!)

Following is the info DirecTVPromise.com displayed at » Keeping You Connected to Your Local Stations DIRECTV Promise (enter your own zip code & county):

"We want to keep KCRA and KQCA in your local lineup but their owner, Hearst Television, is threatening to block both stations from reaching your home unless they receive a significant increase in fees – just to allow you to keep watching shows that remain available for free over-the-air on channels 3 and 58 and that NBC typically streams for free at nbc.com or to fans using the NBC app. Hearst has suspended its stations briefly from TV providers’ customers before, so we appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this matter quickly and reasonably."

There is more info at KCRA/KQCA, DirecTV reach impasse in negotiations for carriage rights. From a quick look at the HTML source, this may originally have been posted Dec 27, 2016, but now it says "Updated: 9:12 PM PST Dec 31, 2016".

Google searches for "DirectvPromise NBC" and "KCRA DirecTV" reveal a similar KCRA(3)/KCQA(58) Hearst TV vs DirecTV dispute at the end of 2010, but it was apparently resolved Dec 31, 2010 before the channels were to be removed Jan 1 2011. I just noticed the current outage about an hour ago (approx 10:10pm PST Dec 31, 2016), so maybe it just kicked in at midnight/New Years Eastern Standard Time (???) [...but I hadn't been using KCRA(3) or KCQA(58) in last day or two, so I guess it could have kicked in earlier (???)]