Kill Wifi interface on TWC Arris tg1672g configured for VOIP service (Separate Cable

Kill Wifi interface on TWC Arris tg1672g configured for VOIP service (Separate Cable

This question is about "Kill Wifi interface on TWC Arris tg1672g configured for VOIP service (Separate Cable Modem)", with Time Warner Cable internet and apps. I just put my old cable modem on my mother's account which means no more cable modem fee. Somewhere some tech put a wifi interface on the leased device running Cable modem and router. That lasted all of a few days becasue it is not smart enough to stay off of conflicting channels so another router was added to the mix - my brother did that I figured out the channel conflict later. As I understand it no charge was added for the wifi use.

So now I want to quietly disable the wifi interface on the router - And lets be honest since the Spectrum merger I've had my fill of talking to them.

I have tried killing the power, disconnecting the cable, resetting with the pin hole (press for a few seconds, assuming that is right). Reconnecting power, accessing interface via 192.168.0.1 over ethernet which just shows a message "Your unit is updating, please wait for a moment." I got the same message before I went through the reset hassel. I also tried a reset previously with the cable connected. Same message everytime.

Any thoughts?

This topic covered Kill Wifi interface on TWC Arris tg1672g configured for VOIP service (Separate Cable Modem), and TWC cable internet service.