Kim Komando: Choose right antenna to pick up HDTV

dkreichen1968

Staff member
"QUESTION: I canceled my cable television because I just want high-definition TV channels over the air. Do I need a special antenna?

ANSWER: HDTV doesn't require a special antenna per se because the televisions have built-in tuners. However, there are a number of other factors that can affect reception.

The location of your house is an important consideration. You also need to look at surrounding structures and geographic features. For example, tall buildings or hills can hinder signals. You may want to add an antenna to help pull in over-the-air signals. There are many different antenna types. Visit Newspaper Column Links - Kim for help selecting one."

Kim Komando: Choose right antenna to pick up HDTV | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Her link to HELP provides no links related to the article. I would point this out and suggest our forum too, but I am unable to use facebook connect at work and I don't want to get yet another account and login. If you guys could, it would be very helpful for her readers to post some useful links: This forum, TVfool, and rabbitears.

FOX TV

Contributor
"QUESTION: I canceled my cable television because I just want high-definition TV channels over the air. Do I need a special antenna?

ANSWER: HDTV doesn't require a special antenna per se because the televisions have built-in tuners. However, there are a number of other factors that can affect reception.

The location of your house is an important consideration. You also need to look at surrounding structures and geographic features. For example, tall buildings or hills can hinder signals. You may want to add an antenna to help pull in over-the-air signals. There are many different antenna types. Visit Newspaper Column Links - Kim for help selecting one."

Kim Komando: Choose right antenna to pick up HDTV | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
I disagree with her on many of her viewpoints, but i do agree with and respect her stance on free DTV. What I don't agree with is her advocacy of everything wireless, and how she seems to refuse to acknowledge the possibility that wireless radiation exposure is harmful. The jury is still out on this one, but she promotes all things wireless as the best thing since food, but we simply just don't know, and if the industry has its way, we most likely never will really know the truth.