Kirstie Alley Tells of Affair With Patrick Swazyze - Shameful

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Shame on Kirstie Alley. I have held off on writing about my thoughts on this publicity seeker's latest ramblings, but I can stay silent no longer.

Alley burst onto the scene with a role in the theatrical Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. It was a dramatic part that earned her plenty of attention in 1982 when the movie was released. During the 1983 TV season, she starred in the failed series, Masquerade.

Then in 1985 she was part of a large ensemble cast that made up North and South I and North and South II. She played Virgilia Hazard, a rebellious Northerner who believed in the Southern cause. The star of both mini-series was Patrick Swayze, who went on to huge success with Dirty Dancing and Ghost. He played Orry Main, son of a wealthy plantation owner who went on to West Point and to eventually becoming a general during the Civil War.

I have always said that there was a powerful passion between Orry and Virgilia. The mini-series lightly played with that, giving the two characters some flirtatious moments, but Orry's true love was another character. I had a chance to meet Patrick Swayze a few times and I asked him once about this relationship between Orry and Virgilia. He agreed there was much more there than was ever acted upon in the story. There is, however, a difference between a fictional relationship like this one and a true love of the heart.

This week, Alley decided to reveal a deep, dark secret. She claims to have had an emotional affair with Swayze, stressing that nothing physical ever happened between them. She claims to this memory even though she says she is friends with Swayze's widow, Lisa Niemi Swayze, and proclaims to have spoken at Patrick's memorial service. Alley also says she has no clue whether or not Lisa knows about this so-called mental love affair.

Currently, Alley is competing on Dancing with the Stars: All Stars. She wants to win, badly. She also has a book out, a tell all gossip piece called The Art of Men. This is from the woman who thanked then-husband Parker Stevenson during an Emmy Award acceptance speech by saying he was "the man who has given me the big one for the last eight years". It's clear where Alley's mind tends to focus.

Patrick and Lisa Swayze were married for 34 years when he died of pancreatic cancer in 2009. That same year, he and Lisa renewed their wedding vows in a tender, beautiful ceremony on their ranch. Their marriage was not perfect, and they had problems like most married couples do, but through it all, they always loved each other.

Kirstie Alley is trying to sell a book and win a dancing competition. For this, she has thrown ethics, decency, and so-called friendship out the window. Patrick is not here to defend himself, but I have no doubt in my mind that he never cheated on Lisa, physically or emotionally. She was his rock from the moment they met back in a Texas high school.

Shame on Kirstie Alley for her betrayal of friendship and shame on anyone who buys her piece of garbage literature.

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G DTV | HDTV Reception and Antenna Discussion 0