Knight Rider 2.0

Taki

DTVUSA Member
Anyone had a chance to take a gander at the new Knight Rider show coming on NBC soon. I think this is a little tame for the sic-fi lovers of today. Not an alien to be found here. :mad:

aclowers

DTVUSA Member
Oh I just loved the original Knight Rider. He was just so dreamy.
Oh yeah, I like David Hasselhoff, too.

Seriously though, I would love to have a automated mini-van that drives itself. I would like it to fly and have a food replicator inside. That's not asking too much, is it? ;)

Based on today's standards for sci-fi, I think it's boring. I watched some of it the other night and I couldn't stay focused and changed channels. The original was good because it was a new concept. 25 years later technology has changed by leaps and bounds and this is the best they could do? At least the Mach 5 (Speed Racer reference) could fly or glide.

Fardreamer

DTVUSA Member
Anyone had a chance to take a gander at the new Knight Rider show coming on NBC soon. I think this is a little tame for the sic-fi lovers of today. Not an alien to be found here. :mad:
As much as I like sci fi, I never liked the original series; I tried to watch a few episodes back when it starred the 'Hof but I just couldn't buy into the concept. So, no, I had a chance to take a gander at this one but took a pass.

Taki

DTVUSA Member
I agree with all of the naysayers, just didn't want to offend anyone. NBC kills journeyman and brings this tired old concept back. I just don't get it. Something is just WRONG with that!

aclowers

DTVUSA Member
I guess I'm just in love with the car. I could have really used an oil slick button today, or a button just to disable a crazy car. This guy was unbelievable. We were doing 70 mph and he flew by us, weaving in and out of traffic. Did I mention he was weaving? There was a disabled SUV sitting on the side of the road with two people standing outside. I couldn't help but think what would have happened to them if that Volvo had hit them doing 90 mph. He came very close. The new Knight Rider series may not be that great, but I do like the idea behind the car. There are days....

iluvtv

DTVUSA Member
Wow!! We just watched our first episode of this tonight and it took our breath away. It's definitely not a program for the kids anymore. We had to send them to the other room. My husband loves cars and was disappointed that they got rid of the firebird and transam kit and now uses a mustang. He did think it was pretty cool that it can now transform into a truck, which could have it's purposes. Of course, he liked the action and the mystery.

So, from what we can gather from one show, the new character Mike is supposed to be the original Michael Long's son. We are still trying to figure it all out. We kinda missed the old Kitt voice too. But, if memory serves they changed it after the original one anyway. Didn't they have a Knight Rider 2000 come out after the original?

myopicmatt

DTVUSA Jr. Member
This is the closest thing to transformers you can get on TV so it's serviceable. I like transforming cars and KITT is still funny, but the show is sooooo corny.

acwriter

DTVUSA Member
I have watched a couple of episodes of the lastest version of Knight Rider and I must say I am very disappointed. Why did they have to include so many s*x scenes?My kids loved the old Knight Rider series, but there is no way I am going to let them watch the latest version of this show. Can they really not find enought material to do a decent show, without showing the characters all over each other? I kid you not. We are watching the lastest recording of the show from this past Wednesday and all most half the show is about s*x. Either they are talking about it or demonstrating it. I am sure there are still a lot of kids who watch this show. Their parents don't have to worry too much about having the talk with them. The television will do a pretty descriptive job of it for them.

datadee

DTVUSA Member
I didn't even know this was on, but caught it last week! I really enjoyed the original Knight Rider, but watched it with my sons when they were little. That made it a special time. Now that they're grown, this one doesn't do it for me. Oh, it was interesting and all, but its just not the same.