Kristy Lee Cook Reality TV Series Angers PETA

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Kristy Lee Cook Reality TV Series Angers PETA - The Boot

From the article:

"Former 'American Idol' contestant Kristy Lee Cook, who is starring in a new reality show, 'Goin Country,' is under the watchful eye of PETA. The show, airing on the Versus network, follows the singer (and hunting enthusiast) trying to land a record deal as she participates in hunts across the country.

PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) -- the largest animal rights group in the world -- has never been shy about criticizing anyone whose actions fly in the face of their animal-rights slogan: "Animals are not ours to eat, wear, experiment on, or use for entertainment," so it's no surprise that they're taking aim at the premise of the show, making it clear they object." ...

... "Kristy Lee didn't take this sitting down. She shot back at PETA, defending herself and the thousands of Americans who hunt. 'Given that hunters have done more for American wildlife conservation than any other group in history, I make no apology for being one," Kristy explains to FOX411.com. "Indeed, I join the ranks of millions of American hunters who celebrate our outdoor heritage and who conserve millions of acres of wild lands. These same people support more than 600,000 jobs across the country and provide a critical voice to encourage more investment in American conservation." ...

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Well, now that I know she's a hunter, I won't be supporting her music career. I'm an animal lover and hunting is something that I can't abide by. That's a 'no' from me. Go PETA!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Questions and Answers 0