LED, LCD, or Plasma? Which is best?

I'm going to buy a HDTV this month. I'd like a really nice one with 1080p and streaming apps.

I know in the past that people have said that Plasma is the best, but I haven't researched in 4-5 years since I bought my last HDTV.

Which is best to buy in 2014? LED?

Cadus

DTVUSA Member
I'm going to buy a HDTV this month. I'd like a really nice one with 1080p and streaming apps.

I know in the past that people have said that Plasma is the best, but I haven't researched in 4-5 years since I bought my last HDTV.

Which is best to buy in 2014? LED?
I'm not sure why plasma is still valid, but it is. Keep in mind that plasma will have a glossier reflection on the screen than any other type (extremely bothersome for daytime viewing).

I DO know that LED is just further along in the technology chain than LCD. LED is going to be more expensive, for the most part, than LCD because LED is better definition and uses less energy than LCD. Eco-friendly or something like that.

I've never been a fan of plasma TV's. Each HDTV I've ever bought has been a LCD. I haven't had any problems with these and for that reason alone I don't think I will ever go the plasma route.

dkreichen1968

Staff member
The last 3 TV's that I've purchased were LED's. Great picture quality and brightness. Plasmas are still out there, but they are being discontinued. Price per quality, LED is the way to go at the moment.