Less channels with converter box

I bought the boxes. Hooked up the boxes. Turned everything on. Very few station came one. Bought new antennas hook them up. I was still getting less stations than without the box. Returned the antennas since it was not working. Don't know what to do next. (Antennas were new type of rabbit ears). Help. I don't want to wait too long.

Last edited:
maybe all your channels haven't gone digital yet (i know, this close to June and still....)

I'm missing my CW Network channel (WAZE-TV) because although TVFool.com shows it in digital, the channel's homepage says they're not going to even turn on their transmitter until AFTER the transition.

as with all threads started about reception, your zip code will come in handy so we can look into the websites to determine the channels you have in digital and how likely you'll pick them up and the right equipment needed to do so. but i will say those 'DTV antennas' are nothing more than a waste of money. i got a ancient SEARS set fromm the 1960s (non-powered) that picks all the ones that are digital and i just sat it on the ground outside and ran the cable inside.

give us your zip code or go to tvfool.com input your address and save the images and post them them we can tell what antenna is best for your location. also brand of box, all boxes are not created equal as with all tv their tuners differ in sensitivity

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
Make sure to get a Converter Box with analog pass through capability and you can continue watching all the channels that haven't gone digital yet as well as the digital channels.

TonyT

DTVUSA Member
I bought the boxes. Hooked up the boxes. Turned everything on. Very few station came one. Bought new antennas hook them up. I was still getting less stations than without the box. Returned the antennas since it was not working. Don't know what to do next. (Antennas were new type of rabbit ears). Help. I don't want to wait too long.
Need more info. :)