LG DP570MH Mobile DTV

John Willkie

DTVUSA Jr. Member
the gal might be pretty, but this seems rather rushed-out on LG's part. It's unlikely this unit will sell in Korea (they're a DMB country) and so far, her face is the only one on these materials. I guess we'll have a better idea once CES starts up.

CptlA

DTVUSA Member
Everybody remember that we're looking mostly at prototypes still. I think that the phone she's holding might be a Japanese LG phone which tends to be a completely different market.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
cnet gives a few more details on the LG DP570MH,

The $249.99 DP570MH has a 7-inch wide-screen display (480x234-pixel resolution) and stereo speakers. The screen is designed to tilt to achieve the best viewing angle. When not in use, the screen folds down, with the total footprint of the device shrinking to about 9.5 x 6.5 inches, according to LG.

As for battery life, LG says that you can get up to 2.5 hours in TV mode or up to 4.5 hours during DVD playback. You get both AC and car power adapters and the DP570MH can also display JPEG images and play WMA music files from its USB 2.0 connection.
LG's DP570MH combo unit set to become first Mobile DTV released | CES 2010 - CNET

Would be nice if the LG -DP570MH had a chip in for standard ATSC broadcasts so when you are stationary , atleast you can enjoy all the local channels that are already in millions of homes today , not just the ATSC-MH tech in it.
does that make any sense ?
i mean this atsc-MH is taking more than usual to implement so why not have both worlds built in

U

Unregistered

Disappointed.

Would be nice if the LG -DP570MH had a chip in for standard ATSC broadcasts so when you are stationary , atleast you can enjoy all the local channels that are already in millions of homes today , not just the ATSC-MH tech in it.
does that make any sense ?
i mean this atsc-MH is taking more than usual to implement so why not have both worlds built in
I just purchased this online through buy.com for $99.00. I was sad to learn that 1) In Dallas, Texas, it only receives 3 channels. NBC, ion, and some kids' channel. No DTV local when stationary, which is what I was expecting. I'm a noob, but was buying this for when I am deployed on my ambulance during natural disaster relief missions.
2) There is no external antenna plug; that is, you cannot buy a better antenna with a wire to mount externally.