Question: Lo-v Channel on one tv but not the other

krusej23

DTVUSA Rookie
I have a mohu 50 that is great. Our local abc channel comes in as a Lo-v Channel. I have the mohu hooked up to a splitter that goes to two tvs. The older tv from 2007ish picks up the abc channel fine. The newer Samsung tv from 2009 doesn't receive it. Why would that be?

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Kruse,

WOI-DT (5) is a very low power low-band VHF transmitter @ 13,900 watts. Before the digital transition my local channel 5 transmitted with 365,000 watts.

Your MOHU antenna was not designed to receive either low-band nor high-band VHF TV channels and since you receive RF channel 5 on one TV set, is a miracle and this is the first time I have heard an antenna like that has worked for low-band --- especially at nearly 18 miles range.

Compared to many others, you have a pretty good antenna survey and if you used a better antenna, I bet you would receive many more channels.

Jim

I agree. Most of your major network signals in your area are VHF, and at VHF frequencies the leaf is an inadequate antenna, and on low VHF painfully inadequate. A simple rabbit ear loop combo antenna might work better.
Steve

Last edited: