Locking Gripe

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
LOL Jay, you may hate me, but may I make a suggestion? Or maybe just vent? I actually had something I wanted to add to the off topic discussion about American Idol and the voting controversy. I knew when I signed on this evening that I'd be going to that topic at some point. Now that thread was hijacked by two people or so who broke the rules. We all get excited sometimes and change a topic, but wouldn't it have, maybe, perhaps been better to delete their posts, lecture them in PM, and leave the thread up with the pertinent posts? I was just bummed. I don't want to start a new thread. I feel like the innocent got punished for two political rebel rousers (you're great, rebel rousers, but you stole a good thread and I'm pouting), if you know what I mean. <G>

Onward! (I'll be hiding under the covers until it's safe to come out <g>)

Last edited:

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
If Jay didn't lock it there were others getting their keys ready. They had a friendly warning and the bashing still escalated. I know Jay thought about moving the posts, but they were too intertwined. Maybe this can stand as a lesson of what happens when rules are violated;) We're all here to have a good time.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
LOL Jay, you may hate me, but may I make a suggestion? Or maybe just vent? I actually had something I wanted to add to the off topic discussion about American Idol and the voting controversy. I knew when I signed on this evening that I'd be going to that topic at some point. Now that thread was hijacked by two people or so who broke the rules. We all get excited sometimes and change a topic, but wouldn't it have, maybe, perhaps been better to delete their posts, lecture them in PM, and leave the thread up with the pertinent posts? I was just bummed. I don't want to start a new thread. I feel like the innocent got punished for two political rebel rousers (you're great, rebel rousers, but you stole a good thread and I'm pouting), if you know what I mean. <G>
Onward! (I'll be hiding under the covers until it's safe to come out <g>)
You've brought up a legitimate point, but as 1inxs said, the thread had gone from slightly off topic to way off topic. In the future, we'll try to catch something like that and move it to the appropriate section of the forum (unless the posts become too personal).

Both members actually had an interesting debate going in that thread up until the last 2-3 posts.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I totally agree; it was just in the wrong spot -- lol I hope, though, that folks think twice about taking a thread too far off topic. Live and learn. Actually, Adam Lambert is probably happy to have the topic over! :}