Question: Looking for basic antenna setup help. Thanks!

CPete

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Hello,

I'm hoping you can help me out. I'm in the process of buying a house, but am thinking I might wait a few years before hooking up cable or satellite. Currently, there is dish network dish mounted on the roof, and I would like to replace that with a good quality antenna and tie it into the existing coaxel cable that is fed to the garage from the different rooms in the house. Is there an antenna on the market that could use the same mounting bracket as the satellite dish? Obviously, I would like to avoid drilling more holes into the roof. Also, is it possible to split the signal 4 ways once in the garage? Or worst case, could I just add a signal amplifier? Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you in advance!!

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Depending on your situation there is a very good chance that you can use a satellite (j-pipe) mount for your antenna.

You can use TV Fool to find out:

Which broadcasters are transmitting locally?
How far are the transmitters from you?
Which direction you should point your antenna?
How strong are the signals in your area?
What analog and digital channels are available?

Your antenna will work best if it is located with a clear line to the broadcast stations. If you post the URL for your TVfool report here (the address info will be hidden), we can help you with antenna suggestions, etc.

Dan