Looking for hdtv broadcast tower locations in chattanooga, tn

U

Unregistered

I'm going about trying to find where the HD broadcast towers are here in Chattanooga, TN? Any help would be appreciated.

alg2468

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Chattanooga' TV station transmitters

According to Wikipedia, WRBC 3 (NBC), WTVC 9 (ABC) and WDEF 12 (CBS) transmit from Signal Mountain in Walden; WFLI 53 (CW) and WDSI 61 (FOX) transmit from Sawyer Cemetery Road in Hamilton County; and WTCI 45 (PBS) transmit from Middle Valley north of Chattanooga.

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Guest,

Go to TV Fool and plug in your zip code, or better yet your actual address. The resulting page will show TV stations that cover that area. Be aware, any AM, FM or TV station is legally allowed announce themselves as a station from any nearby City or town and often, their transmitter is on a hill or a mountain somewhere nearby and may not be physically in the same community it claims as its home.

Example: KVOS Bellingham, Washington has its transmitter in the San Juan Islands and its coverage range is much of British Columbia, Canada to the north-ish and Seattle to the South-ish.

Jim

Trip

Moderator, , , Webmaster of: Rabbit Ears
Staff member
I'm going about trying to find where the HD broadcast towers are here in Chattanooga, TN? Any help would be appreciated.
Hello!

I live in Chattanooga and work for Luken Communications. Almost all of the stations are on the ridge west of US-27, north of the community of Signal Mountain. From south to north, WDEF-12 (CBS), then WRCB-3 (NBC) and WTVC-9 (ABC), then WYHB-39 (A1)/WTCI-45 (PBS)/WFLI-53 (CW)/WDSI-61 (FOX), and finally WOOT-6 (RTV)/W18DS-26 (3ABN) up on Mount Mowbray. W18DS is currently off the air.

Depending on your exact location, you may also receive WNGH-18 (PBS) from Chatsworth GA, WKSY-21 (RTV) from Summerville GA, WPXA-14 (ION) from Rome GA, and/or WBXX-20 (CW) from Knoxville.

- Trip

G

Fox 61 over the air sgnal no longer able to recieve

About a month or so ago I lost the ability to receive 61.1 over the air HD Fox 61.
I can pull in much weaker stations.
Does anyone know what happened to their signal and whether it is permanent or temporary

Guest, do you know the call letters? If so, put them into RabbitEars.Info to find out if it's still on the air. If you don't know the call letters, put your zip into tvfool.com and look for the station highest on the report with that virtual channel #.

Rick