Lose Your Remote Control? Poll results show best places to look

CptlA

DTVUSA Member
Logitech conducted a poll on where their users lost their TV remotes. Thought it would be great to post here and ask where is the weirdest place you lost your TV remote? We found ours stuffed in the kitchen pantry one time, probably a result of me or my girlfriend sleepwalking.

In our survey, we asked thousands of people around the world about the places they have found their lost remote and some of the answers were surprising:

49% found the remote in the couch
8% found it in the bathroom
8% in a dresser drawer
4% in the fridge/freezer
2% have found the remote outside or all the way out in the car
Where is that remote? | BLogitech

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
I'm sure my daughter threw one out years ago. We've moved since then - 6 houses, 3 states, I've remarried and had 2 more kids - but we never found it.

But when I bought a universal remote to replace it, one day I accidentally pushed the "PIP" button and discovered my TV had PIP, but the original remote didn't! The next more expensive model offered PIP for $100 more. Same TV, different remote, $100 more. The universal remote cost me $15.

dkreichen1968

Staff member
During my divorce I got the TV back, but not the remote. Found one just like it at Goodwill. No, it wasn't the same remote, but it was the same model. She also kept my microwave oven. I payed $25 for the same exact model at the Salvation Army.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
During my divorce I got the TV back, but not the remote. Found one just like it at Goodwill. No, it wasn't the same remote, but it was the same model. She also kept my microwave oven. I payed $25 for the same exact model at the Salvation Army.
Wouldn't it suck to find the exact same ones at the thrift store - and have to pay to get your own stuff back?

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Weirdest place I've ever found my remote? I always manage to sit on my remote, whenever its lost I usually have to check the crack.....of my couch!

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Wouldn't it suck to find the exact same ones at the thrift store - and have to pay to get your own stuff back?
It was cheaper to buy stuff "back" from Goodwill and the Salvation Army than to pay my lawyer to try and fight to get it back. I paid $100 to get a washer/dryer to replace the set she kept. I'm glad I got most of my stuff back. There was some stuff I think got lost in transport and may still be in my friends storage unit or in someone elses. I'm missing about two boxes of books I don't think my ex had any interest in.

scandiskwindows9x

Moderator of DTV Latino
lol found the remote control in the bathroom, that is weird, the only place that have found the television Remote control was in the kitchen or my pocket maybe i thought was my cell phone and i putted in my pocket.

maybe also should try an universal remote control and save the original one, for change channels change the input and those basic things do not need the original remote control

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
That's a hoot. For me it's under the covers or under the bed because I fall asleep with it in my hands or on top of me and then it gets pushed or shoved and when I wake up, I've forgotten that I was holding it.