Lost All Channels on Converter Box

H

helmi hammad

i have had a converter box for one year and when i watch on my tv this week, i lost all channels. I try to set up channels again but i see (NO SIGNAL),,what is the reason?

dkreichen1968

Staff member
What kind of antenna are you using? Where is it mounted? Is there any chance it has been disconnected? If everything seems to be in order find someone who will let you try their known working converter box. That will tell you if it's the converter box or the antenna.

Chips

DTVUSA Member
As mention it could be your converter box, or antenna or cabling, but it could also just be weather related. Monday I lost all of my TV stations in the morning. No rain, just a little cloud cover, but you could see the storm coming on radar, via the computer, once the storm hit us we got TV again. If I did a scan on my TV at the time, it would have found no stations and erase all the channels in the TV's memory. After storm past, I started to pick up TV stations from Toronto, 120 air miles away. This time of year, the Troposphere, sets up, which has drastic effect on digital TV reception, you can pick up stations from 100's of miles away, you can also lose local TV station. The Troposphere, is all about air temperatures. You may want to re scan your converter box again, before you trouble shoot the system.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
As mention it could be your converter box, or antenna or cabling, but it could also just be weather related. Monday I lost all of my TV stations in the morning. No rain, just a little cloud cover, but you could see the storm coming on radar, via the computer, once the storm hit us we got TV again. If I did a scan on my TV at the time, it would have found no stations and erase all the channels in the TV's memory. After storm past, I started to pick up TV stations from Toronto, 120 air miles away. This time of year, the Troposphere, sets up, which has drastic effect on digital TV reception, you can pick up stations from 100's of miles away, you can also lose local TV station. The Troposphere, is all about air temperatures. You may want to re scan your converter box again, before you trouble shoot the system.
I had some serious reception issues over the weekend, also. About half of my channels were pixilated or gone.