Lost MDD timeout, RCS partial service - Internet speeds dropping - multiple modem restarts daily - Time Warner Internet

This question is about "Lost MDD timeout, RCS partial service - Internet speeds dropping - multiple modem restarts daily", with Time Warner Cable internet and apps. Since I moved into my new home I have been having problems with my spectrum internet. Speeds will be fine 200mb+ download and 10+ upload (what I am paying for) then all of a sudden it will drop down between 0-10 mb download with a constant 10mb+ upload.

I have had a tech come out and cap all of the cable wires (unable to find any splitter box) besides the wire plugged into the modem. I normally have to restart my modem then speeds will go back to what im paying for but within 38 minutes (pictures below) of the last restart, I was getting 0mb download and 11mb upload on a hardwired speedtest on spectrums website (did not take a screenshot of that)

Before the extra cables were capped I had multiple channels with 10's of thousands of correctable / uncorrectables but now I seem to have only 1 channel getting over 90k correctables an hour with the other channels being less then 100 / hour.

Also, what is up with downstream channel 22-23 not recieving anything?

Lost MDD timeout, RCS partial service - Internet speeds dropping - multiple modem restarts daily?

R

rmatejka

Did you ever figure out the problem? I'm having the same issue - except it happens every day at the exact same time. The only fix is to power-cycle the modem.