Loyal Customer Treated Like Crap - DirecTV

I have been a loyal customer for 5 years. In May, when we moved from Illinois to Indiana, DirectTV was the first appointment I scheduled to have installed. The serviceman (I wish I could remember his name) was amazing. Very friendly and professional. Fast forward to now, our neighborhood is so new we don’t have internet or phone. AT&T recently started running the cables for internet. My husband called DirectTV to inquire about the internet service. The Customer Service person that my husband spoke to was reviewing at our DirectTV account and noticed we were paying for 10 receivers. My husband and this gentleman realized that when we moved the 6 receivers were not taken off our account. They corrected the problem and ended their call. When I got home from work, my husband we telling me about the call. I was pretty upset that the 6 receivers were not taken off our account (I was still paying for them). The serviceman that installed our new system in Indiana took the old equipment with him and said he would turn them in. So yesterday I called DirectTV to figure out why these receivers were not taken off our account. The Customer Service Rep that I spoke with spoke poor English. She didn’t take the time to understand what I was saying. All she was worried about was getting me to add Showtime to my account. I finally got to speak to her Supervisor. His name was Richard #028903. He was very rude. Told me this was my fault because I didn’t call DirectTV and take off the un-used receivers from my account. Also he was rude telling me I should have saw the discrepancy on my bill each month. I understand that I should have looked closer at my bill. I guess I was naïve to think that DirectTV would take care of taking off the old receivers off my account. I wanted to be reimbursed for the 6 receivers I had been paying for the past 6 months. Richard said DirectTV would only reimburse me for 50% of 4 receivers. 4 receivers X $7/month = 28 X 6 months = $168 X 50% = $84. My bill showed I was paying for 10 receivers. I currently have 4 receivers and 1 advanced receiver in my current home. So I don’t understand how he came up with only reimbursing me for 4. I’m very disappointed in DirectTV and how I was treated. I have always spoke very highly of DirectTV. I still can’t believe how disrespected I was and that DirectTV Customer Service Reps would speak to me like that. And what’s the point of changing to Dish because DirectTV and Dish are owned by the same company. I guess with this day and age Customer Service means nothing. Also, with this day and age with the internet and social media I guess I can let the general public know that DirectTV doesn’t respect their loyal customers.

This question, "Loyal Customer Treated Like Crap," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.