Lynda Carter, 'Wonder Woman' actress beats barking dog ...

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
'Wonder Woman' actress beats barking dog charge - NewsFlash - NJ.com

From the article:

(AP) — WASHINGTON - "The actress who played Wonder Woman on TV in the 1970s has deflected a charge that she allowed her dog's barking to disturb neighbors in an upscale Maryland community outside Washington. A Montgomery County District Court judge found Lynda Carter Altman not guilty last week of the municipal infraction." ...

jerseygirl

DTVUSA Member
Well this is real life...dogs do bark and some people feel distrubed by it.
I would say, if the dogs bark a few times a day for up to ten minutes, it would be okay for me. But dogs barking the whole day means for me the owner is not taking care for them.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
This is a sensitive issue for me. Sometimes the barking is unavoidable. There are reasons at times why dogs have to stay out and not in and an owner can't always be home 24/7.

Yes616

The Mod Squad
I have neighbors with several dogs in a pen. I tie mine out on a line and sometimes one of them figured out a way to roll on his back and work his way out of his collar. Shoot.. I always make sure it's kind of tight for the few minutes I put him out.

As soon as he gets out, he runs right down to the dog pen next door and it sounds like "Dog Wars" have begun. He just runs back and forth around the pen driving the dogs crazy. He does this for fun. Until I go down there then he gives me that look. Did I do something naughty?

I get him back fast enough but this clown just can't stop doing the crazy thing.

jerseygirl

DTVUSA Member
Well, I am not at home 24/7 and my dogs stay in the house while I am at work.
Let the dogs run outside the house would mean for them to protect the house. Protecting for them is barking other people away while none of the familiy is at home.
If we are in the garden with them they stay calm.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
When I read the title, I thought Wonder Woman was beating dogs, not charges, the "charge" part doesn't show up in the header.

Anyway I do think owners of barking dogs should be beaten, and severly.
And the idiots that drive with their dog loose in the back of a pickup truck? Wow, what stupidity. I really want to see your dog become airborne and smash thru your rear window! It would be funny if it weren't so tragic. Only marginally better than the complete morons that drive with "Poopsie" in their laps. Hey, get a clue: not only does this make you drive poorly, in an accident, "Poopsie" will be nothing but a bloody stain on your lap.

People should need a license to own a dog, and only after extensive education and intellegence tests. Not for the dog, for the owner.
Same for having children. Some people should not be allowed to breed. http://badbreeders.net/ Quite disturbing stuff.

Anyone can be a pet owner or parent, and we can't deny them that "right". Crying shame.

Last edited:

Orrymain

Harsh, Pogi, and while I agree with some of what you wrote, I think it's overboard. I agree that people shouldn't be allowed to have kids without going through a course. It's just sinful what goes on these days. I disagree on the barking thing.

MrPogi

Staff member
Anyway I do think owners of barking dogs should be beaten, and severly.
I was being sarcastic. (I'm like that) But you get my point, that is that OWNERS are responsible for their pets.

Don't give me "Dogs bark because thats what dogs are supposed to do" crap, people. If your dog is barking, bring it inside, so I'm not kept awake all night. Can't you hear that noise?

No different than the every night loud party next door, or the guy that wants to rev his harley in his driveway at all hours just because he likes the sound. (STOCK Harleys aren't that loud. Do you really need to be heard 5 miles away? If my car was that loud, I'd get pulled over. Why not your Harley?) Oops, but thats another topic.

MrPogi

Staff member
An update, not on Lynda Carter, but Wonder Woman. Seems she has a new costume:

I am less than impressed.

Orrymain

Glad that was sarcastic; that I can understand. I do agree with you to an extent on the dogs barking is okay because they're dogs. Of course, owners need to be responsible, but there are circumstances. It is natural for a dog to bark at strangers approaching their home. Trust me, at 3 am if my dogs start barking, I'm urging them on. I've gone outside the next morning to find window screens bent from someone who had tried to get in. So, if they wake you up, tough. They might have saved me from being killed. Then there are health issues. I had a dog who had a traumatic reaction to our other dog's death. It changed her dramatically. She went blind and deaf. She would become confused and bark. Now I couldn't keep her inside 24/7, and she needed to be outside some. She'd bark. Deal with it, especially when I've told you the situation, that she's old, and on her last legs. (true stories -- and much more to them, but this is a highlight).

Yep -- I have strong feelings on this one. We agree in many aspects of it, but I suspect we disagree harshly on some other pieces to it.

MrPogi

Staff member
I'm not talking about an occasional bit of barking, its the ones that bark and howl for hours. The dog is REALLY saying, LET ME IN, I don't want to be left out all the time, I need attention.

Animals deserve to be treated well. But lets not be rediculous, either. Feed them care for them, love them. but:

Look into this dogs eyes. He's pleading,
"For Gods sake, HELP ME!"
Thats animal abuse. God gave dogs all the clothes they need,
and just think of all the food an animal shelter could buy with the money spent on stupid pet products. A $300 bed? Huh?

As I said, testing should be mandatory if you want kids or pets!

Last edited:

Orrymain

LOL The only clothes my dogs have ever worn were dog sweaters, and actually, that was just my first beagle. She did tend to get cold, and she loved having that warmth of the sweater. I agree. I don't get the clothing thing. As for bedding, I can't afford that fancy stuff, but I don't know that I'd wouldnt' get them nice beds and such if I could. Dogs are children to many. Are you using a $100 mattress? Probably not. You could be donating money to children's shelters. Drink beer? Make bets? Buy cigs? Go out to dinner? Fast food spots? Bars? etc etc etc. I just think you have to be careful when you start trying to say 'this money could be used for'. Yes, we've all done it probably, but I'd never do it for an animal conversation because animals are not just animals or dogs; they are children. Now some people will never understand that. Those are the ones who say shoot the horse when the leg breaks. You can't change their minds. Those are people I feel sorry for. Others totally get it and understand.

MrPogi

Staff member
We're off topic a bit, but I recently watched on PBS a show about animal breeding. It's really shameful the practices being carried out to make animals "look" like the breed requirements. Bulldogs that can't breath, diseases and conditions that result from inbreeding.

How can people breed a dog with its own parents, siblings, grandparents, and see nothing wrong with it? Now THAT, my friend, is abuse I had never even cosidered before. There's a REASON you can't marry your cousin - besides the "yuck factor". (Unless, of course, you are British royalty or American hillbilly!)

Best dog we ever had was a german shephard / beagle mix. Faithful and smart, she saved my brothers life once - my mother was so heartbroken when she had to have her put down, she hasn't owned another animal since.

I would NEVER own a purebred. Mutts rule.

Orrymain

I'm against the breeders as well. There are too many animals needing homes. I'm very much against that breeding concept, just like the dogs in the pet stores. That said, I've owned a couple of purebreds, but one came from the SPCA. The other I had to get from a family who knew the entire pedigree. I wanted a new dog to be my beagle's dog and Dad insisted it be a golden retriever. Don't ask me why, but that's what he wanted. I couldn't find one anywhere, so had to go this root. She was adorable though. I laughed because the reason I picked her was that she had this little mark on her forehead that was so cute. That was considered a defect so she was less than her siblings. Go figure.