Making the decision

Ok, what would you do in the following situation? You have x number of dollars which will allow you to buy the low end of a big name brand or you can buy the high end of a small name brand. What would you do? Just for my peace of mind, I'd probably go the route of staying with the big name brand even if it meant not getting a television with all the bells and whistles.

Jason Fritz

Staff member
Depends. For me, I needed at least (2) HDMI, 1 Component, good refresh rate, 1080p. I went with a mid level Mitsubishi LCD instead of a mid level Sony but the cost difference was $250. Pretty happy overall.


I think some of the lower brands work just fine. I have a few and I have had no problems. You can get a warranty, maybe you will feel better about it that way.