Man shoots TV over digital television frustration!

I've smashed TVs but not because of the digital transition, but because the TV quit (became a flat horizontal line and not a picture) and i was in the middle of watching Cold Case so i got angry and took it out on the bad TV. i had a bad habit of recovering anything i throw out later as my frustration ends so to avoid that bad habit i just make sure there's nothing to recover :D

what? was he arrested? i mean he shot a TV! not a person or animal...how is that a violation of law? if he bought the TV and decided to have his way with it, who are we to care?

I mean come on....guy arrested, on what charge? 1st degree capital murder of a television set?

what? was he arrested? i mean he shot a TV! not a person or animal...how is that a violation of law? if he bought the TV and decided to have his way with it, who are we to care?

I mean come on....guy arrested, on what charge? 1st degree capital murder of a television set?
eh, I'm leaning towards the "arrest the guy" charge. I mean, who wants some nut pointing a gun at objects and shooting at them inside his house and resides right next door to you...you know? Maybe that's just me though... ;)

happens all the time in the South...

Sometimes people here set up a bunch of malfunctioning stuff and shoot the living daylight out of them. i think it's better than killing people or innocent animals though. i mean if the devices are broke and going to the dump, why not have fun prior? have you ever seen a CRT explode? awesome!

but as for law, i don't see what's illegal. he's shooting a piece of his own personal property and with his own weapon. now that's not illegal as defined by law, unless he did so in a local wal-mart. i don't see the crime here. I'd rather people take their anger out on devices vs. people any old day.

Jammer

DTVUSA Rookie
Hey, the guy was probably really frustrated. This is the biggest government ripoff! Water and TV should be free. The stores are jacking up the price on these boxes that we don’t know will work. You cannot open the box or you will be unable to return the item. I have an antena that I plug into from our building, but am not sure if this is compatable. I don’t have or want cable, which already causes problems with my picture, even though they say it doesn’t affect. This is a terrible thing we are forced to do.

newtv

DTVUSA Rookie
Hey, the guy was probably really frustrated. This is the biggest government ripoff! Water and TV should be free. The stores are jacking up the price on these boxes that we don’t know will work. You cannot open the box or you will be unable to return the item. I have an antena that I plug into from our building, but am not sure if this is compatable. I don’t have or want cable, which already causes problems with my picture, even though they say it doesn’t affect. This is a terrible thing we are forced to do.
So you condone shooting things when you're frustrated? :eek: