married with children

bighoss

DTVUSA Member
this has to be one of my favorite shows ever. not sure if it is al bundy's attitude & outlook on everything, or the comedy style that was somewhat ahead of its time. married with children definitely took risks that other shows did not at the time.

illytodd

DTVUSA Member
I used to love this show! I still catch it every once in a while when there are re-runs on. It was just one of those shows that was just really fun to watch.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
There is so much controversy over this show. So many people complained that is was too crash, too sexist, etc. But there has never been a show quite like this one ever. I don't get the complaints. I thought the show was hilarious.

Fardreamer

DTVUSA Member
There is so much controversy over this show. So many people complained that is was too crash, too sexist, etc. But there has never been a show quite like this one ever. I don't get the complaints. I thought the show was hilarious.
Thing about this and other controversial shows is that some people - usually ultra-conservatives who think America should conform to their vision of a God-fearing, morally-bound, and almost 1950s TV Family-like lifestyle where television programming is bland, safe, and sterile. Such groups as Parental Television Watch (or whatever they're called) rail against shows like this and wanted it yanked off the air because the Bundys were a caricature of everything they were against, not really caring if others found Al, Peg, Kelly, and Bud funny!

I used to watch the show, every now and then, and just loved the humor. Not every tv family has to be a perfect, Leave It To Beaver clone. The one great thing about the show was despite their flaws they were still a family.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
It reminds of that Roseanne, but just a different family. They are nowhere near perfect, but they resemble the American family more than The Beaver ever could.

Yup, the idea of a wife dressing up and wearing pearls while working around the house makes as much as much sense as wearing a suit and tie when the guy gets home from work. Times have changed and shows such as Roseanne and Married With Children just show another side of family life. On the flip side, there were always the Huxatables showing life with parents who were "white collar" workers.

Taki

DTVUSA Member
When I was younger I use to partake a little of the green weed some people know and love. I'd smoke a little and then watch married with children and laugh my butt off. One of the consistently best comedies I have ever seen.

calvindale

DTVUSA Member
I used to watch and love this show but didn't have the time to watch it till the very end, and by the way my favorite episode was when Bud Bundy had a girlfriend but it turns out to be a man Ha Ha that was really sick.:D

toby

DTVUSA Member
I wonder what ever happened to David Faustino (the son) ? Last I saw, he was on some celeb reality show years ago, and then just disappeared.
i think the last time i saw him was on one of those mcdonald's "dollar menuaires" commercials:p most of the other bundy characters have surfaced on other shows/movies from what i recall.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
i think the last time i saw him was on one of those mcdonald's "dollar menuaires" commercials:p most of the other bundy characters have surfaced on other shows/movies from what i recall.
Wow! I always thought he was such a talented actor too. Ah well, maybe if there is ever a Bundy reunion, we will actually get to see him play Bud again.

toby

DTVUSA Member
Wow! I always thought he was such a talented actor too. Ah well, maybe if there is ever a Bundy reunion, we will actually get to see him play Bud again.
i got bored and looked on wikipedia....looks like he does have some stuff in the works for 2009...so maybe there will be a sighting afterall:eek: