Meet the Flintstones

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I really am in my next childhood I think. I'd rather watch old cartoons than most new programming. Now that I finished Magilla Gorilla and Dick Tracy, I am onto to 6 seasons of The Flintstones. It's so funny because I had forgotten that the early years didn't have the famous theme song. I also feel so sorry for Barney. I don't think I ever realized how tough it was for him to keep a job. I still love Dino, even if he is blue in the opening and closing credits.

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member
OMG, Dick Tracy. LOL

Some of the Dick Tracy cartoons are so politically incorrect that I'm surprised RTV airs them as fillers during their Saturday morning cartoons. Don't get me wrong, they're great shows and I enjoy them a lot but it's no wonder tv stations seldom if ever air them nowadays.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
OMG, Dick Tracy. LOL

Some of the Dick Tracy cartoons are so politically incorrect that I'm surprised RTV airs them as fillers during their Saturday morning cartoons. Don't get me wrong, they're great shows and I enjoy them a lot but it's no wonder tv stations seldom if ever air them nowadays.
Yeah, I'm not surprised either. Go Go Gomez would be lynched for his stereotype, which was the worse. I don't think Joe Jitzu was as bad, but certainly the politically correct enviroment of today just wouldn't tolerate them. Still, they were capable cartoon detectives. That's what I focus on.