Megan Hilty to co-star with Sean Hayes in NBC's 'Sean Saves the World'

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
As one of those who loved Smash, the NBC series about Broadway productions that recently aired its final episode, I am excited to see that the show's Megan Hilty already has a new deal. The multi-talented blonde will co-star with Sean Hayes (Will & Grace) in the new comedy Sean Saves the World.

View attachment 2437 In the new drama that premiers on Thursday nights in the fall on NBC, Hilty plays the best friend and co-worker of Hayes' character. Played in the pilot by Lindsay Sloane (Sabrina, the Teenage Witch) who departed the series in May, Hilty's character is named Liz.

The casting reunites Hilty with Hayes who actually appeared on Smash during its second and final season. Hayes played Terry Falls, an actor who thought all of his ideas were brilliant. He worked with Hilty's character in a few episodes. The union there ranged from the insane to funny and even caring. It was a fun ride for the two characters.

When the news was announced, Hayes took to Twitter and tweeted, "I couldn't be more excited to do LIVE theatre every week with @meganhilty on my new TV sitcom @SeanSavesWorld this Fall on @nbc." A half hour later, Hilty also expressed her glee on the social media site: "INCREDIBLY excited about my new gig on @nbc's @SeanSavesWorld! Can't wait to play with the amazing @theseanhayes again!!! WOOHOO!!!"

Since the demise of Smash, Hilty was most recently seen on the 67th Annual Tony Awards where she participated in a number with host Neil Patrick Harris and two others.