Megan Joy's exit

Was that just a weird way to leave the show or what? What happened to being grateful for at least having a chance to demonstrate some degree of talent?

Also if contestants cannot handle being away from family during the competition, maybe they shouldn't be there. This show has been on long enough for people to know what it takes.

Weeguy

DTVUSA Member
And the thing is, she'll have a career after the show, so why not be grateful?!?! She was probably more upset with Simon losing faith with her along the way to where we're at now. Simon is the professional, and if he doesn't think she's worth saving from being voted off, then so be it.

So true about being away from family. At the age of most of the contestants, it shows a level of immaturity when they can't handle it.

dreamr802

DTVUSA Member
I missed Megan Joy's exit...My DVR was suppose to record it and somehow it didn't. I never really liked her to be honest. I thought she was a little too weird for me. With her voice she could really only sing like bluesy songs...but oh well. Danny is by far my favorite.

Well, she is a little quirky at best. But the cawing and flapping of the arms when she was booted? That was just downright strange. The funny thing is she is from Utah and that state is so conservative. She probably stands out like a sore thumb.

Postman

DTVUSA Member
Although they already aware that they would be away from there family for a quite a time. You couldn’t take away the fact that separating from your love ones is a hard thing, even if it is just for a short period of time.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
Well, she is a little quirky at best. But the cawing and flapping of the arms when she was booted? That was just downright strange. The funny thing is she is from Utah and that state is so conservative. She probably stands out like a sore thumb.
From what I hear, the reason she decided to "caw", flap around, and act like a bird is because lots of AI fans have been comparing her to a bird because of those weird twisty dances that she always does. Either way she is quite quirky.

What gets me is HOW did she even make that far to begin with? Why would the judges choose her as the wild card? There were so many more contestants that were so much better than her, but they didn't get their shot. Was it because of her looks? If so, last time I checked this was a singing contest, and sorry, I just don't think she was ever top 12 material.

Postman

DTVUSA Member
From what I hear, the reason she decided to "caw", flap around, and act like a bird is because lots of AI fans have been comparing her to a bird because of those weird twisty dances that she always does. Either way she is quite quirky.

What gets me is HOW did she even make that far to begin with? Why would the judges choose her as the wild card? There were so many more contestants that were so much better than her, but they didn't get their shot. Was it because of her looks? If so, last time I checked this was a singing contest, and sorry, I just don't think she was ever top 12 material.
It is a singing contest but most singers are dependent upon there looks to be famous. A good voice would not take you far enough to stardom.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
It is a singing contest but most singers are dependent upon there looks to be famous. A good voice would not take you far enough to stardom.
Yeah, tell that to Ruben Studdard...the 300 pound winner of Season 2 that went on to make lots of hits and has a new one out too, or for that matter, Clay Aiken. He looked like a nerd that noone would ever take a second look at at first until he started singing.

Yeah, tell that to Ruben Studdard...the 300 pound winner of Season 2 that went on to make lots of hits and has a new one out too, or for that matter, Clay Aiken. He looked like a nerd that noone would ever take a second look at at first until he started singing.
Really good points and a couple of great examples. The bottom line is the judges are still looking for someone with talent. If the person happens to look good, that's a bonus.