Michael Vick allowed to play for Eagles Third Game

CptlA

DTVUSA Member
The NFL just reinstated Vick's football career officially after a 2 year suspension for participating in a dog fighting ring.

The guy was always fun to watch in Atlanta but I'm not so excited by this decision to allow him to play again. I don't really care if "that's how the south" does it, participating, promoting, or organizing dogfighting is inhumane and illegal.

Last edited:

Thomas G

Contributor
He's served out his sentence already, no need to cut him out of the NFL completely. I'm not saying what he did was ok, I just think that he deserves a second chance.

cronus

DTVUSA Member
I don't think he deserves a second chance, especially since his supposed punishment that he served wasn't severe enough. Pete Rose, someone who amounted to a lot more that Vick, still hasn't been let back in, and all he did was bet on some games.

O-O

DTVUSA Member
I don't think he deserves a second chance, especially since his supposed punishment that he served wasn't severe enough. Pete Rose, someone who amounted to a lot more that Vick, still hasn't been let back in, and all he did was bet on some games.
Pete Rose committed one of the worst sports sins of all time. Betting on his own team. It's not in the same "ballpark" so to speak as Vick's crime, but it's still one of the most disgraceful things a manager or ball player could ever do. Was the punishment harsh for Pete? Yes. Did it serve as a warning to other players and managers who think about gambling on their own games? Absolutely.