Miley Cyrus to appear on ‘American Idol’

christyanne

DTVUSA Member
Looks like she's making an appearance before her, Hannah Montana The Movie gets released. MSNBC says that her performance will probably be on sometime next week April 6 - April 10.

busybee

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Looks like Miley is trying to reach a little higher than the 8-12 year old demographic that follows her. I have to admit to not being overly excited about the news, either.

Postman

DTVUSA Member
So what if she is going to appear on American Idol.

I don’t think that she is that good compared to contestants. I bet that anyone on the final 13 could easily beat her on singing.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
You guys have to remember though that there are tons and tons of 8-12 year old kids that watch AI and would absolutely love to see Miley Cyrus on the show. She hasn't appeared yet though. I wonder if she still going to ?

Postman

DTVUSA Member
You have to remember that she has lots of photo scandal wherein she is showing her naked body. I don’t think that it would be pleasing to the parents if the children would idolize her.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
You have to remember that she has lots of photo scandal wherein she is showing her naked body. I don’t think that it would be pleasing to the parents if the children would idolize her.
First of all Postman, you should really get your facts straight about that and read the whole story. She was pretty much "duped" into doing a bare back scene for what she thought was a reputable magazine, and it didn't come out as she was told it was going to. Second of all, she is still selling out at concerts and making millions, so it doesn't seem that too many parents are concerned about *gasp*, their kids seeing a bare back (oh no, their eyes!) . And if they still do, then they can simply not have the kids watch the performance that night.

I'm not a Miley Cyrus fan, but that whole thing about her posing with her bare back on a magazine was just absolutely absurd for anyone to get upset over. I would shudder to see what these hard nosed parents think about people that are REALLY doing dirt, such as Paris or Lindsay or Britney.

Fardreamer

DTVUSA Member

Postman...what scandal? All Miley Cyrus showed was her bare back in a mainstream magazine (Vanity Fair) in a photograph taken by a renowned photographer, not a nude spread in Penthouse or Hustler magazine, for Pete's sake.

I, personally, have never watched "Hannah Montana" or ever heard Miley sing, but I would never cast aspersions on her moral character or business savvy.

I think the problem is that some people are either (a) unwilling to accept that Miley is growing up and can't be a child forever, or (b) think that she'll follow the path of Britney Spears.

Or maybe, Postman, the problem is that she's not as hot as some of your other favorite celebrities...like, say, Lindsay Lohan?

I think you are making too much of a big thing over her cover on Vanity Fair. She says she didn't expect the picture to come out like that and was stunned when she saw it. That's good enough for me.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
She will probably appear tomorrow night...I don't know I'm not like omg miley is performing but I don't think that she's a bad singer...
She was finally on tonight, and I think she did ok. I don't think she's a bad singer either, but not the best. She had a really quick performance though and didn't even talk to Ryan after, which I thought was odd.