Mistresses - What do you think of season 2 so far?

bunny22

DTVUSA Member
The American version of Mistresses is back, and I must say that I'm intrigued by the direction of the first episode. It's not the most intellectual show, and really not even the best "group of 4 female friends" show, but it's entertaining. I've never seen the original British version, so I can't compare. But I like the storylines that have been set up in season 2, and I'm way more excited to see what the rest of the season holds than I was before.

Potential mild spoilers ahead:

The first couple minutes of the show, when they reveal the fate of the characters whose lives were in danger at last season's end, were really well done. I was a bit shocked at the character who actually died - and feel like they didn't give his character the resolution they deserve yet. I also like that they introduced a gay character as April / Rochelle Aytes 's friend, though I really wish he'd be a little less of a stereotype and token GBF. They did a much better job at portraying bisexuality and lesbians with Joss / Jes Macallan 's storyline last season, and I'd like to see them build on that instead of going backwards. All the women are going through a potential career shift, and I hope they use this to actually make a better show, rather than just falling back into the same old patterns. We'll see.

Have you seen Mistresses? What do you think?

bunny22

DTVUSA Member
Just when I was thinking "oh, none of the characters are actually mistresses anymore" ... a couple of them fall back into that category. I'm not sure I like the direction they are heading in the most recent episodes, it seems like they are missing some opportunities for better stories.