MLB and NFL are greedy

There was a time when I could access a local radio station online and listen to baseball or football games. But the NFL and MLB are so greedy that you now have to subscribe to just listen to games. Can't they see that there are fans that they are alienating with their decision. Greedy pigs!!!

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Completely agree, and just to add my $.02, I liked the NFL channel before they started showing games on it, but WHY did they start broadcasting games. Their presentation seems so subpar compared to NBC.

Fardreamer

DTVUSA Member
There was a time when I could access a local radio station online and listen to baseball or football games. But the NFL and MLB are so greedy that you now have to subscribe to just listen to games. Can't they see that there are fans that they are alienating with their decision. Greedy pigs!!!
Pretty soon, if this keeps up, the only way many fans are going to experience a baseball or football game is in a simulation a la John Madden Football 2009 or something!

Taki

DTVUSA Member
What you have to realize is this is a money thing to them. Quite frankly if you can't afford their programming they could not care less if you are a fan or not. Football players back in 1973 made an average of 30k a year, now its about 2.2 million a year. If that is the standard rise in pay rates, I want my 1.1 million a year too!