MLB Extra Innings/ Can't activate MLB.TV - DirecTV

I decided to subscribe to MLB Extra Innings after a couple of very frustrating years streaming MLB.TV. I was under the impression that a subscription to MLB Extra Innings included a subscription to MLB.TV, which comes in handy when trying to watch Spring Training games or when I'm away from home and want to watch a game on my phone. I went ahead and subscribed on Saturday and have not been able to activate my MLB.TV subscription using my Direct log in. Every time I try to do it, I get an error message that reads "Authorization service was not able to complete authorization at this time. Please contact your pay TV provider." I chatted with a DTV rep and he stated that there was a known outage but he had no ETA as to when it would be resolved. It's been three days already that I haven't been able to use my MLB.TV subscription. Is anyone else experiencing this?

This question, "MLB Extra Innings/ Can't activate MLB.TV," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.

G

I am having the exact same issue. MLB emailed me to say that MLB.tv will not be available to Extra Innings subscribers until the beginning of the regular season. However, that's not mentioned anywhere on the MLB site or the Directv site.

Why would MLB even have a site available to do authorizations if nobody could be authenticated?