Mohu MH-ANT-1000 vs RCA ANT1450BM

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Battle of the flat antennas.

Which one is better?

The Mohu is like 3x as expensive as the RCA.

Mohu MH-ANT-1000

vs.

RCA ANT1450BM

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
I have neither, so I made no comment. I am not a fan of indoor antennas.

If forced to pick one, it would be a DB-2 or Eagle Aspen 2-bay, which is an outdoor antenna many use indoors. I sold a 4 bay to a guy that put it inside a window, that worked pretty good.

Aerial

DTVUSA Member
There are No Magic Tv Antennas and There is no battle of the indoor flat antennas because they all have the same bad reception. The best indoor antennas to use are the standard indoor antennas like these examples , Channel Master CM4010 or another example is the Terk HDTVi. Here is how to aim indoor antennas and outdoor antennas. Which way to point a TV or FM antenna.. It is also true that indoor antennas can be used outside and outside antennas can be used indoors.

Last edited:

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
There are No Magic Tv Antennas and There is no battle of the indoor flat antennas because they all have the same bad reception. The best indoor antennas to use are the standard indoor antennas like these examples , Channel Master CM4010 or another example is the Terk HDTVi. Here is how to aim indoor antennas and outdoor antennas. Which way to point a TV or FM antenna.. It is also true that indoor antennas can be used outside and outside antennas can be used indoors.
I agree that indoor antennas are not the greatest, too many factors involved. I've found using an outdoor antenna indoors is usually the best solution.

Thanks for the useful link, and also this Antenna Index is a useful primer.
Antenna Index

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
What's funny is, there is no consensus about what makes a good antenna or a great antenna. Two different designs give two different results and there isn't one that far performs better than any other.

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
... It is also true that indoor antennas can be used outside and outside antennas can be used indoors.
That statement could mislead a novice, regarding free OTA reception. Sure, an indoor antenna can be used for temporary use on your deck on a beautiful summer evening but to my knowledge no 'rabbit-ear' set-top antennas are being offered or recommended for outdoor use. They are not weatherproof!

Jim

Aerial

DTVUSA Member
I agree with MrPogi. Using outdoor antennas indoors is a very good way to get reception. I remember in the past I hung a All Channel Antenna from the ceiling in the living room , got great reception and a great conversation starter. The conversation usually started with , are you nut's?? I have always been a nonconformest.