Mount...or not?

theremote

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I am thinking about mounting my TV on the wall, and I am also thinking about keeping it on a stand. Both of them look good to me, and there are no big differences right now, but what are the pros and cons?

if you mount it make sure you get the right size mount depending on the size and weight of the tv

I wouldn't recommend mounting a CRT, now LCD, thats a different story

TonyT

DTVUSA Member
Agreed on the CRT. Too much risk, a lot of people don't take into account the engineering aspects of mounting to studs and how much weight can be supported.

deeteevee

DTVUSA Jr. Member
if you mount it make sure you get the right size mount depending on the size and weight of the tv

I wouldn't recommend mounting a CRT, now LCD, thats a different story
I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be talking about a CRT TV, especially in this day and time. If someone is going to mount a TV, it has to be a flat panel of some sort.

I say go for it. It will look great.

wowdoo

DTVUSA Jr. Member
If you have enough room where you can keep it on a stand, leave it there. If you must put it on a mount, the go ahead. If you have a mount up, that limits you so much more than one on a table.

theremote

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Go for the mount all the way! You will not regret yourself ever. If you want more freedom, go ahead and get the swiveling mount. It will get you everything that need from the TV. Especially if you can see it from every angle.