Mr. Rogers

I am sure that many of us grew up watching Mr. Rogers as a child on PBS, and the mere fact that his show is still fondly remembered by generations of adults all these years later makes you realize just how great his show was. When many other childrens programs would insult the intelligence of children, Mr. Rogers looked at his viewers as equals.

By far one of the best educational or childrens programs that was ever on TV.

JoeM

DTVUSA Member
I have to agree, I grew up watching Mr. Rogers, Sesame Street and Electric company. Ahhh, the good old days of television. These shows are much better than the Barney's and Teletubbies that have been on since that time.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
I was never a Mr. Rogers fan, but I actually liked him better as a teen then I did as a kid...something just funny about the way he always took off his jacket every morning. However, there needs to be more shows like this for kids. I am tired of seeing these shows that teach kids having material things is the way to go.

ausqtie

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I too was never a fan of Mr. Rogers but always seem to watch it as a child. He did have a lot of good wholesome teaching that didn’t include popularity, fighting or being rude to authority.

Katharina

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I am sure that many of us grew up watching Mr. Rogers as a child on PBS, and the mere fact that his show is still fondly remembered by generations of adults all these years later makes you realize just how great his show was. When many other childrens programs would insult the intelligence of children, Mr. Rogers looked at his viewers as equals.
By far one of the best educational or childrens programs that was ever on TV.
You won't hear an argument from me here... no way. Fred Rogers influenced the lives of a few generations and did a lot of teaching while he was at it. Not just "book learning" either.

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Okay, I watched Mr. Rogers everytime I could as a kid, but I don't get the "liked it better as a teen" comment. He did speak at a little kid's level, which is what made it interesting to me as a youngster, but it became kind of annoyingly immature to me as I got older.

oceangypsy

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I loved Mr Rogers when I was little. My oldest son was the only one that liked his show when he was young. My youngest, now 3,sadly does not care for it.