Mtv- more of reality shows.

sanju123

DTVUSA Member
This channel used to buzz with the latest numbers all through the day, but now most of the times reality shows are being aired on it. I miss out those musical numbers,what about you?

Mattrick

DTVUSA Jr. Member
yeah, I remember just sitting down all day and actually watching hours and hours of music videos. Today on MTV you will never have that. That makes me disappointed.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
Yeah, I think there was another thread about this but I will bite again :). I am sick to death of MTV and think it should be called RTV (reality tv). There is nothing musical about it anymore, and even their music awards are a joke.

Stewie

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I agree with all of you.
MTV left the M(usic) part behind a long long time ago.
It's all for the ratings. If kids today really wanted to watch music videos they would have no other option but to play it.
However, today's world is more interested in seeing how some stranger will embarrass him-/herself in a certain situation, and in order to keep on going MTV has no other choice but to cave in to the demands of the public.
Sad, but true :(

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
I agree with all of you.
MTV left the M(usic) part behind a long long time ago.
It's all for the ratings. If kids today really wanted to watch music videos they would have no other option but to play it.
However, today's world is more interested in seeing how some stranger will embarrass him-/herself in a certain situation, and in order to keep on going MTV has no other choice but to cave in to the demands of the public.
Sad, but true :(
The worst thing to me is that their reality shows are just boring and stupid. I will admit that I do watch reality shows:banplease:, but I could never sit down and watch Paris try to find a new best friend, or a bunch of spoiled 16 yr olds throwing tantrums because they didn't get the right color Mercedes for their 16th birthday party.