My Beach House

W4ONC

DTVUSA Rookie
The Beach House I own, Outer Banks of North Carolina, has 21 analog TV's. I want to hook up a converter box at the antenna which is in the attic. Will this convert all of the 21 TV's to DTV?

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, No. A converter box only contains one digital tuner, which means it will only be able to convert one of your analog TV's. Reference this thread as well when you get a chance: http://www.dtvusaforum.com/converte...verter-box-outdoor-antenna-going-all-tvs.html

How old are your TVs? It could be possible that some of them already contain a built-in digital tuner. If they don't, you will need a converter box at each analog TV.

W4ONC

DTVUSA Rookie
Thanks For Answering My Question

I have just received an email from Jesper Stal at the a2b Company that has a box that converts numerous TV's to Digital.

In the email he says that their converter will not work on the US TV system. Yet they are going to start up in the US with a Multi converter that will work on US TV's in the near future.

Joe

I have just received an email from Jesper Stal at the a2b Company that has a box that converts numerous TV's to Digital.

In the email he says that their converter will not work on the US TV system. Yet they are going to start up in the US with a Multi converter that will work on US TV's in the near future.

Joe
the converters they sell will do you no good they are Pal converters and will not work in the US. purchase an converter in the US a few good ones are zenith ,Insignia both made by LG Insignia sold at best buy. DTVPal-PLus and DTVPal DVR from dish network the dish net work ones to not require a account with dish and there is no monthly charge. the one has a DVR which has no fee as well and has duel tuners so you can watch and record different channels both dish units have a seven day program guide..
the regular converters run around 69.00 and the DVR one runs 249.00:)

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member

Joe
Thanks for the update.

There has to be some demand for multi-tuner converter boxes, seems hard to believe that nothing has been released in the U.S. yet.