My bill

dreamr802

DTVUSA Member
My bill keeps going up and up it seems like. My current bill is up to $80 and I only have my dvr box and one regular box (the dvr box is completely paid for)...and I believe I have the basic package...are any other people having any trouble with their prices?

Sparks

DTVUSA Member
Even though I am currently not a subscriber of DirecTV. I have been on three occasions in the past. It has been my experience that things to do with billing has always been a problem with them.

acwriter

DTVUSA Member
I advise calling their customer service line. I have myself many times. With the economy in the current state they are even more likely to try to help. Ask them if there is anything they can do to help you lower your bill. They have actually put credits on mine to help.

kaye

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Yes I have been a customer in the past and I the reason I ended my subscription because it seemed that they could never get my billing right.I was always prompt in paying my bill but there was always an issue with it.

It seems that the prices go up every year but what are you going to do? We cannot get cable here and it stinks even if you can get it! I really hate the rates but I have to admit DTV has the best channels and things. I think its highway robbery though what they charge per month to use the service!

Yeah I looked on my bill and my monthly service BEFORE the leasing box prices and whatnot is $50.99....and even though I paid $100 for my dvr box I still have to pay the leasing fee every month for it...and it's all just crazy with the prices

Sparks

DTVUSA Member
You guys are not suppose to look at the bill you are too just pay it. What they would really like for you to do is to give them your bank and or credit card information so that they can just help themselves.

Satellite and cable companies like the customers that are the kind of people that are so busy they do not even know what the bills are for, they just pay them. Many people are that way.

It has been my experience that Dish Network is easier to get along with, they give several weeks to pay the invoice and not just a few days. They also do what they say they will do and the have never came up with any surprises. I have done business with both of them.

With Dish you can contact a local TV store that handles Dish and a local person will set it up for you. If you have a problem or your dish needs to be aligned they are there to do it for you. Also Dish has combination boxes that will let you view up to I think four different satellite stations in four different rooms at the same time at no extra charge. I think that I would want to skip the DVR and furnish my own or just use my DVD/VCR. I cannot see paying extra for the HD either. I also do not care for paying for local channels that are available for free. Especially since more local stations are available off of the air than what Dish Network has available as locals for my area.

It still costs money and all of this may change shortly. As I understand it Directv and Dish Network are about to merge or one bought out the other or something like that. Now they have you right where they want you. If they are smart they will keep the two companies separate to make their own competition rather than combining them into one.

I do not have either of them myself at the this time. With all of the new digital sub channels there is more programming available than I can keep up with anyway. Some of my local TV stations are now trying to compete with cable and satellite providers and all that cost is the price of a decent antenna.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
You guys are not suppose to look at the bill you are too just pay it. What they would really like for you to do is to give them your bank and or credit card information so that they can just help themselves.
LOL, that sounds like my bank's philosophy and my credit card interest rate. Not to name name's, but it starts with a C and ends with a hase.

Cable and satellite companies are just like any other corporation you have to deal with (ie: insurance, bank, etc.). You have to look at each bill and compare it to your previous bill every single time they send you a new one.

Last edited:
Yeah I looked on my bill and my monthly service BEFORE the leasing box prices and whatnot is $50.99....and even though I paid $100 for my dvr box I still have to pay the leasing fee every month for it...and it's all just crazy with the prices
the leased price for a dvr is 99$. the owned price is 299$ So when you "purchased" it, you would have only been paying the fee to lease it, which is charged in addition to the 4.99 mirror fee each month.

acwriter

DTVUSA Member
That is hilarious, but unfortunately true. I tried to rep you, though. But, alas I must spread it around a little first. But, I love the way you think and write. Great Job!!!

It seems as though Direct TV is trying to play catch up with Timewarners' prices. I was a customer DTV, and their prices always seemed reasonable. I guess times change.

Times do change. I have been a customer since they were Primestar years and years ago. It seems every year that the prices of programming go up now. It also seems that if you need anything done they charge you ridiculous prices for it. They send out technicians that sometimes know what they are talking about, then again sometimes they do not.

I am shocked that they are merging with Dish. The only thing I think that kept Direct
s prices even half way reasonable was the competition. I shudder to think of what the prices will be if they merge!