My budget Home Theater

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Here's my setup:

Mitsubishi WS-55315 - 55" Rear Projection 1080i
JBL N-Series Speakers (All 5)
No subwoofer due to neighbors below and on the sides (I'm respectful!!!)
Harman/Kardon AVR 325
Sony DVD Player (w/ progressive scan oooohhhh, can't remember model# but I bought it in 2004)

I know it's not much of a setup yet, but I'm working on it. ;) Actually, I'm waiting to buy anything else until I purchase a house sometime this year.

:whoo:

Last edited:

Thomas G

Contributor
That's a great setup Aaron! Not sure if maybe you were thinking of one thing and typing another when you posted the TV, but are you sure it's a 1080p? I think the WS rear projection TV's were 1080i.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
That's a great setup Aaron! Not sure if maybe you were thinking of one thing and typing another when you posted the TV, but are you sure it's a 1080p? I think the WS rear projection TV's were 1080i.
You're exactly right, it was late!! Come on HT, don't take my thunder away. ;)

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
My low budget HT includes
Sanyo PLV-Z2000 1080P HD Projector
Yamaha RX-V800 Surround Sound
Toshiba HD-A30 HD DVD Player
Polk Audio 5.1 Surround Speakers
:thumb: Looks great!! Right down to the seating. ;) Impressive collection of DVDs too, I just got a Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray last month for my birthday, and am fighting the urge to upgrade our DVDs...all 115 of them :(

TonyT

DTVUSA Member
Great setup and like the natural backlight. What's the little guy from??
and you call your self an HTNut! :eek::becky: Tell me you've seen Harry Potter.

Theaters look great Aaron and 1inxs! Aaron, do you get an honest separation of audio channels with the 2 JBL's so close together up front? 1inxs, Where's the center speaker?

1inxs

DTVUSA Member

Theaters look great Aaron and 1inxs! Aaron, do you get an honest separation of audio channels with the 2 JBL's so close together up front? 1inxs, Where's the center speaker?
The center speaker is behind the projector screen at ear level.

Both of these are nice setups and appear to be designed to meet the needs of each person. As a former renter, I'm sure the people below and to the side of Aaron62 appreciate the fact that he doesn't have a subwoofer. :) I love 1linx' setup and have often thought of doing that, too.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member

Funny you mention that. When we play movies, we have to pull the speakers apart from the TV a bit to get the full 5.0 surround sound effect. :popcorn: Can't wait to add the .1 after I move!

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
hahaha, yeah well, ya gotta make do with the circumstances. It's funny, but as careful as I am with noise levels and my apt, some of my neighbors give absolutely no consideration to the people they live next to. :yell:

hahaha, yeah well, ya gotta make do with the circumstances. It's funny, but as careful as I am with noise levels and my apt, some of my neighbors give absolutely no consideration to the people they live next to. :yell:
Too true. Unfortunately, if you are in an apartment type situation, you'll always get those jerks that make it hard for everyone else. Doesn't it make you ever wonder why bother being polite?