My cool idea for DirecTV and media sharing

After seeing this thread (http://www.dtvusaforum.com/direct-tv/2685-new-dvrs.html#post14162) it kind of got me thinking about what DirecTV could do with media sharing or even cutting down on costs for houses with 4-5 DirecTV receivers.

They should design a central receiver unit that receives data and does the recording for a house that has 4-5 TVs and the thing is, it wouldn't need to be located on or next to your TV. It could be hidden in a computer room or wherever you want. Then each TV would actually have a satellite (when I say satellite, I mean like a secondary receiver at each TV) receiver only capable of transferring pictures from the central unit to that satellite unit. A remote for each of the satellite receivers would be able to control the central receiver and access any information recorded to it, but the cost savings would be in locating the tuners, Hard Disk drive, and connections all on the central receiver unit. Sound good? :) Should I patent this?

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I've never had Direct TV. I remember the big thing from years back was that all the tv's in the home had to watch the same thing. Did they fix that issue? lol Sorry if that's a dumb question, but since I've never had satellite, just haven't paid that close of attention to it. I know a neighbor got it and hated it and went back to cable as soon as the trial was over.

I've never had Direct TV. I remember the big thing from years back was that all the tv's in the home had to watch the same thing. Did they fix that issue? lol Sorry if that's a dumb question, but since I've never had satellite, just haven't paid that close of attention to it. I know a neighbor got it and hated it and went back to cable as soon as the trial was over.
Yeah, you can watch different channels on TVs in different rooms but each TV has to have a receiver. It gets to be expensive if you have 4-5 TVs.